So I recently bought a Peavey Valveking, and after having it a few weeks I've begun to experience a problem. I just got my Squire Strat (Yes, Squire, I still use it, long story short, I just wanted something I could go to drop-c in a hurry with since my other guitar has a Floyd) re-set-up with heavier gauge strings, 11-52 I believe. However, whenever I play anything higher-up on the fretboard, ie around the 15 fret and up, the sound from the amp beings to, well I really don't know any better explanation, but it sounds like it's warbling, like the signal is breaking up I guess. This isn't so much an issue with my other guitar, but I really don't think this should be happening. This doesn't even just occur at high volumes on the amp, it occurs at very low practice levels as well.

Does anyone have a reason this could be happening?
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Quote by Mlrc
So I recently bought a Peavey Valveking, and after having it a few weeks I've begun to experience a problem. I just got my Squire Strat (Yes, Squire, I still use it, long story short, I just wanted something I could go to drop-c in a hurry with since my other guitar has a Floyd) re-set-up with heavier gauge strings, 11-52 I believe. However, whenever I play anything higher-up on the fretboard, ie around the 15 fret and up, the sound from the amp beings to, well I really don't know any better explanation, but it sounds like it's warbling, like the signal is breaking up I guess. This isn't so much an issue with my other guitar, but I really don't think this should be happening. This doesn't even just occur at high volumes on the amp, it occurs at very low practice levels as well.

Does anyone have a reason this could be happening?

I have the same problem kinda, I put my strat in drop B tuning and it doesnt pick up the noise too well high up. I have a feeling it's the pickups, as my Hellraiser sounds great high up
Quote by Jason43
Are your strings buzzing in the higher frets?

Not really. Maybe it's the pickups. I've been planning to swap them out anyway, so I hopefully that will do it.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
I'd be willing to bet you got a high fret thats blocking it and you don't realize it. It can be only a little high and do that and all it takes is 1 fret to do it. It's not your amp though.