I'm trying to make techno music, my friend told me about this really good program to use but I forgot the name.
What good programs do you know of?
It's party time!
FL Studio is meant to be pretty good for that kind of stuff, step sequencing and what not
Reason might do you well
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
FL Studio is good if you can also get good samples and VSTis to go with it, it's pretty weak by itself but is pretty much infinitely expandable.

Reason has pro quality stuff built in, but can't use plugins.

I would go for Reason starting out personally.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The magazine computer music comes with **** loads of high quality synth plugins and normally a light version of software to use them with. Highly reccomended.
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Ableton
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Ableton sucks without a MIDI controler, unless you only want to do loop based stuff.

Last.fm
On the topic of FL Studio, I've never understood how to use it. Does anyone have any tutorials or anything on how to record guitar/instrumental parts on it?
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Quote by ilikeguitar90
On the topic of FL Studio, I've never understood how to use it. Does anyone have any tutorials or anything on how to record guitar/instrumental parts on it?

you select the you soundcard as the input on one of the mixer channels and hit record. You need to have ASIO drivers installed though. get ASIO4All if your soundcard doesn't have them stock.

Last.fm
Quote by ttreat31
FL Studio, Ableton Live....

+1. I've read these are the best for house/techno/electronica
Quote by dannystro527
can i be recommended some good plugins for FL Studio 8?

what kind of sounds are you after?

Last.fm
I personally use cubase, it's decent.
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Ableton sucks without a MIDI controler, unless you only want to do loop based stuff.

Ya I just kind of assumed he did.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
what kind of sounds are you after?

well, basically just your plain out electronica type of sound. i wanna make some straight up dance music. some amazing synth sounds are needed. i have 8 XXL in case you were wondering

also, if there's any type of plugin to make my voice sound electronic for singing, that would be wonderful
Reason ReWired into Logic.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I have been using Reaktor 5, it is pretty powerful software, but it can be hard to use at times.
I use FL Studio 8, currently.

Like Kid Thorazine said, it's a bit weak as a standalone, but it can be expanded to your heart's content.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by dannystro527
well, basically just your plain out electronica type of sound. i wanna make some straight up dance music. some amazing synth sounds are needed. i have 8 XXL in case you were wondering

also, if there's any type of plugin to make my voice sound electronic for singing, that would be wonderful

Synths:
reFX Vanguard
reFX Nexus
NI FM8
NI Absynth
Lennar Digital Sylenth1
Spectrasonics Omnisphere (you need really really good system specs and a lot of HD space for this)
Vocoder:
NI Vokator

Last.fm
I like to use Reaper as my DAW (because you don't "have" to pay for it).

Additionally I use a lot of VST's. I don't really make techno music, however it is very possible to do (I've messed around with some techno stuff). I would recommend just stocking up on a lot of synth sounds. I could direct you to a bunch of free VSTs (as well as to some less-than-free ones) if you desire.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.