Page 1 of 2
i was just wondering hypothetically under what circumstances would you want humanity to discover aliens (if aliens exist)

i think that it would be best only if we were militarily superior to ensure our sovereignty
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
If they made me King of the World, and delivered pizza in 30 seconds(or the next one free).
Honestly, I'm not sure if we've got the ability to handle our sovereignty as is. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing to be annexed by an alien culture.
When life gives you lemons, squirt juice in your enemies' eyes.
I'd rather they were superior in some way, so the human race wouldn't be the best. We wouldn't be so damn arrogant.

I can't believe I thought about that, and gave it a serious answer.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
I would want to find them on the side of the road with a dead battery in their cruiser, then I would jump their battery with my car and we'd be cool.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Quote by \m/_Chair_\m/
I would want to find them on the side of the road with a dead battery in their cruiser, then I would jump their battery with my car and we'd be cool.

rofl
Hmm.... I would hope that if the human race ever met aliens, that they would be superior, and peaceful, and would just be interested in learning and teaching, technologically and morally.
I think a "Mass Effect like" (if anyone has played the game) scenario where we are on about the same technological level.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by \m/_Chair_\m/

this, when we have cars that can jump a alien cruisers battery

edit: when we can jump aliens,
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Last edited by shanchett99 at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote by DZCunuck
I think a "Mass Effect like" (if anyone has played the game) scenario where we are on about the same technological level.

Great game only i just watched Signs last night and i definitely would take the mass effect aliens over the Signs ones lol
I think if any aliens came to us here on earth, they would have to be superior. We don't have technology to move ourselves to other planets easily so they would have to be more advanced.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by shanchett99
this, when we have cars that can jump a alien cruisers battery

damn man I didn't laugh at the post, but I laughed there

To actually contribute: Read "The Forever War". Preferably a situation that doesn't end up that way
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I think it would be awesome if humans discovered life on another planet,
only it was like what America was like in the 60's,

So then we could give them anal probes out of spite and kidnap weird people who live in trailers in the desert.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
If anything, I would hope that they would end up being like those spikey-lizard looking things from Mass Effect, like Saren but not evil. And, for them to be somewhat more advanced than us, but not so much that they could kick our asses in a minute if we ever fought.

(Oh, and the obligatory hot alien chicks.)
Quote by phlip999
If anything, I would hope that they would end up being like those spikey-lizard looking things from Mass Effect, like Saren but not evil. And, for them to be somewhat more advanced than us, but not so much that they could kick our asses in a minute if we ever fought.

(Oh, and the obligatory hot alien chicks.)

how could we all have forgotten the obligatory hot alien chicks
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
i've always wondered whether the world governments have special protocols in the eventuality of aliens landing on earth....they always seem to in the movies
l would want them to be hostile. That way i could be humanitys only hope and have a superhot holographic girlfriend.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

I'd rather meet aliens when they just came to our cities like regular people from foreign lands.. not knowing where they are or how to handle it. So we don't have to start some ****ty and retarded war with them. We just gotta make 'em feel at home.
Quote by Patty-cakez
I'd rather meet aliens when they just came to our cities like regular people from foreign lands.. not knowing where they are or how to handle it. So we don't have to start some ****ty and retarded war with them. We just gotta make 'em feel at home.

For some reason I don't think that would work if they were to land in the U.S., maybe if they landed in the U.K. or Australia or something, but definitly not here. Then again, the chavs might get there first...
Why is it always about sovereignty? If any other life exists in this universe, it would probably find humans pathetic because we can't even get along with our own race. Why is it foremost an issue of who's superior? Why couldn't we just coexist with them and learn and profit?

That's a stupid question, because we're humans and we suck.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Is it wrong that I read the title as "Circumcising Aliens?"
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
John-117 waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were aleins in the base. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Sergent Johnson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.

John was a Spartan for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad "I want to be on the ships daddy."

Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY ALEINS"

There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the Halo ring he knew there were aleins.

"This is Cortana" the radio crackered. "You must fight the aleins!"

So John gotted his palsma rifle and blew up the wall.

"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the aleins

"I will shoot at him" said the Hunter and he fired the rocket missiles. John plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.

"No! I must kill the aleins" he shouted

The radio said "No, John. You are the aleins"

And then John was a flood.
Was i the only one that read the title as "Circumcising and Meeting Aliens"?
360 Gamertag: NEB Vanguard

Quote by josh15742
you sir are epic in every way imaginable

i literally bursted out laughing

Quote by Kenny77
Hats off to you sir!

Quote by sdmfmofo
Was i the only one that read the title as "Circumcising and Meeting Aliens"?

For a moment, I did as well.
Aliens like Predator.

You kill a thing with two mouths, you get a cool scar, a spear, and a shield made from another aliens head.

Plus, they bleed fluoro green.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Why is it always about sovereignty? If any other life exists in this universe, it would probably find humans pathetic because we can't even get along with our own race. Why is it foremost an issue of who's superior? Why couldn't we just coexist with them and learn and profit?

That's a stupid question, because we're humans and we suck.

That's assuming that aliens all get along with each other(each other of their own species anyway).
I think we already have, just governments are arses and dont want us knowing , supposedly it would cause wide spread panic

bulllllllllllllllsh*t
zakk wylde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by sloppyjoe24
you can't trust girls on the internet because 75% of the time, they're actually men!
Quote by MightyAl
That's assuming that aliens all get along with each other(each other of their own species anyway).

God, I hope they're not like humans.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
God, I hope they're not like humans.

Not getting along with each other isn't an exclusively human trait.
like I say to everybody, dont anal probe me and we'll be fine.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by MightyAl
Not getting along with each other isn't an exclusively human trait.

Of all species on this planet, humans are undoubtedly the most arrogant, destructive, unpredictable, and dangerous. I'm going to stop because I feel like some sort of tinfoil hat-wearing doomsayer.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Of all species on this planet, humans are undoubtedly the most arrogant, destructive, unpredictable, and dangerous. I'm going to stop because I feel like some sort of tinfoil hat-wearing doomsayer.

Agreed, if not the most, humans are the only species that do, they kill because of random reasons, only reasons other species kill is to get food,land,mating and competition

Humans just do it for the hell of it, + destroy our own world, Humans suck,Their solution to everything is killing it
zakk wylde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by sloppyjoe24
you can't trust girls on the internet because 75% of the time, they're actually men!
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
I'd like 'Aliens' to be pretty much at the same stage in development, if they were aggressive, and technologically superior, then I'd be pretty scared.

But if we were at the same stage in development it might be a fair fight. Not that I'm saying my first thought would be aggression, I'd rather try diplomacy, but if we were threatened then I'd want it to be kind of fair.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Why is it always about sovereignty? If any other life exists in this universe, it would probably find humans pathetic because we can't even get along with our own race.

What makes you think they get along with each other?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm being an optimist.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Page 1 of 2