Page 1 of 2
hey guys i love modding stuff, unfortunately its why im always broke modding car, guitar, speakers etc

jw how people have customized their software on their computer, and lookin for ideas from wat u guys have done

iv got the black-gloss firefox theme
and made my taskbar auto-hide for vista, but looking for more mods to do, just for the hell of making it more original

what have you guys done?

i did search, but just inform me if this is already been done
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Mar 7, 2009,
I have a custom background.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Quote by \m/_Chair_\m/
I have a custom background.

well i think like 99% of ppl will have that,

i mean stuff thats not superbly common

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Black firefox theme (and lots of performance enhancing tweaks and add-ons)

Black XP theme (also with lots of performance enhancing tweaks.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I disabled the sidebar in Vista because it sucks. Also, TweakUAC, a must-have for Vista users.

My XP...I don't even remember what I did to it:

My Linux with Compiz Fusion:

Leopard...just a water ripple screensaver. It doesn't need much modding.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Mar 7, 2009,
my desktop icons are arranged around the screen instead of in chronological order.

i think this shows of my insane creativity.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Black firefox theme (and lots of performance enhancing tweaks and add-ons)

Black XP theme (also with lots of performance enhancing tweaks.

Go on.
I'm Steve
I have Red Shift for Firefox with stuff like Stylish, Grease Monkey, Adblock Plus, etc.

I downloaded this neat thing for Vista and I can keep all of my icons in one small box on my sidebar which makes my entire desktop look way neater and I made myself an Agalloch Wallpaper because none existed on the internet.

I'm looking for a new Vista theme but I haven't been able to find one I like yet.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Royal Noir (Black) XP theme running under a pirated version of windows that runs about 30% faster and cuts out all the crap I don't need. (**** it, I bought a legit copy I still have, I'll download a better version and use my CD key with it).

And using firefox with the addons:

AdblockPlus
PDF Download
Google Toolbar
IE Tab
Google Preview
Foxmarks
Gmail Notifier
Download Statusbar
And no script

With Just Black for the theme
Quote by Garret.
I have Red Shift for Firefox with stuff like Stylish, Grease Monkey, Adblock Plus, etc.

I downloaded this neat thing for Vista and I can keep all of my icons in one small box on my sidebar which makes my entire desktop look way neater and I made myself an Agalloch Wallpaper because none existed on the internet.

I'm looking for a new Vista theme but I haven't been able to find one I like yet.

do you remember what the icons box thing is called? quite interesting sounding

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
well i think like 99% of ppl will have that,

i mean stuff thats not superbly common

You know what, I actually don't... I guess I'm part of that 1% though :P

Quote by TeslaWolf
Royal Noir (Black) XP theme running under a pirated version of windows that runs about 30% faster and cuts out all the crap I don't need. (**** it, I bought a legit copy I still have, I'll download a better version and use my CD key with it).

And using firefox with the addons:

AdblockPlus
PDF Download
Google Toolbar
IE Tab
Google Preview
Foxmarks
Gmail Notifier
Download Statusbar
And no script

With Just Black for the theme

You should get FoxyTunes
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Last edited by MangoStarr at Mar 7, 2009,
Rainmeter, look it up.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Not much of a modding freak on any single OS, but...My system setup is the epic bit.

HDD1: Gentoo Linux 2008.0 (haven't set much up yet)

HDD2:
- Vista x64 (also has Win2k3 Enterprise running under VMware)
- Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.5
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise

And the usual Vista tweaks (sensible MTU, custom service settings and security policies to cut out the needless crap, also has a CTRL+ALT+DEL prompt and MOTD on login)
LtBrenton

Quote by Douglas Adams
The art of flying lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Quote by soulflyV

If I didn't have a mudkip in there, I'd sig that.

http://ltbrenton.wordpress.com My blog. Check it out.

☠ ☠ ☠
black zune theme for xp

Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Changed firefox so the reaction time for it is o seconds, also set it to send 30 requests to the sight so it'll run faster. Played around with the colour scheme and I totally re-did the task bar. Not much major though.
I have XP with the Zune Theme, ObjectDock (my rocketdock failed me, crashed or something) Stax docklet and Rainmeter with the HUD.Vision skin. I love it

And my background changes every day or two, I have hundreds from /wg/ and 4scrape

Icons from left to right, if anyone cares...
My Computer, Firefox, Limewire, MSN, Winamp, Guitar Pro (yes that's a Marshall stack icon ), Audacity, Fruity Loops, Goldwave, GIMP, Jasc Paint Shop Pro, Google Earth, My Documents (with Stack docklet) and Recycle Bin.

My icons are a mix of random **** I found on DA and WinCustomize
Last edited by Rock_Rebel at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote by Rock_Rebel
*sigh*

Shameless bump, I am interested in some of these add-ons and themes, and would like to see some more UGer's epic desktops

Your desktop is immense, it makes me happy inside I hate dirty/default desktops
so i never posted mine but this is what im at, looking for more customizations still though
the window that is open on the bottom right is my firefox so you can see the theme

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by filthandfury
Your desktop is immense, it makes me happy inside I hate dirty/default desktops

Thanks. I also dislike dirty/unorganized desktops overloaded with icons
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Mines nothing special, but I like the simplicity.

*desktop*

Wow, nice! I realize I may end up double posting, but I reeeaaally would like the original of your desktop...

Also, what's the name of the icon set you have for your dock?

EDIT: Hey look, I did double post
Let's see.. XP with uxtheme.dll hax. (A1 theme) Wallpaper from Interfacelift, icons hidden, some other system trickery running in the background, and a different logon screen.

Quote by Rock_Rebel

Wow, nice! I realize I may end up double posting, but I reeeaaally would like the original of your desktop...

Also, what's the name of the icon set you have for your dock?

EDIT: Hey look, I did double post

Here's a download link to my icon pack: http://rapidshare.com/files/206654083/Icons.rar

However, the original of my background is saved on my External which has decided to stop working again. (It was really damn hard to find, I stumbled upon it by accident.)
Quote by Rock_Rebel
Mad wallpaper man ^

EDIT: That was directed 2 posts above.

Thanks for the link Leviathan

Why thankyou, good sir. I saw your own desktop, 'twas pretty smexy, I must say.
'Leviathan', I love it. Maybe it's the OCD talking, but organised simplicity ftw.
any of you guys ever try the 360degree desktop?

if so what did you think of it?

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Mar 7, 2009,

Apologies if the image ends up being way too big

This is my setup, it's not really impressive in any way. I got rid of the bar thing because it annoyed me and now all my icons are conviniently placed on the taskbar or in the top right and of course includes my extremely, extremely impressive and wonderfully magnificent Agalloch Wallpaper. Red shift is also the best theme for Firefox imo.

Quote by JimmyBanks6
do you remember what the icons box thing is called? quite interesting sounding

the thing in the top right is the box I was talking about, as far as I remember it was called App Launcher and I have no idea where i found it. Sorry I can't be of much help.

Now all I need to do is find a Vista theme I like and I will be content with my computer for a while.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
My setup.

WARNING! HUGE FUCKING IMAGES! One with the other apps I've customised and showing some dock detail, one relatively clean.

Quote by LordBishek
My setup.

WARNING! HUGE FUCKING IMAGES! One with the other apps I've customised and showing some dock detail, one relatively clean.

I was wondering when The Bish would arrive. Whenever I see your desktops in the "post your desktop" thread, I'm inspired
Quote by filthandfury
I was wondering when The Bish would arrive. Whenever I see your desktops in the "post your desktop" thread, I'm inspired

That's weird, when I first started customising, it was your desktops that I used to use for inspiration - then I found /wg/ and it all went downhill from there

Man, those guys get really annoyed if you're running Rainmeter
These are pretty cool.
And could anyone tell me how to get my comp like rock rebel?
How do you guys set themes with XP?

I had a trial of Windowblinds but it was very annoying (asked me if I wanted to buy it every time I booted up.)

I started to "acquire" it but the bootleg wanted to modify core components of my OS and I wasn't gonna let that **** go down.

Anyone?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Didn't post my desktop......... Fear my UnableToRunVistaOnMyOldAssComputer Computer. Also, I tried foxytunes, it's nice but I've been in love with winamp too long to switch to any alternative, MPC is just there to watch .ogm and .mkv files.

EDIT:

Quote by dudetheman
How do you guys set themes with XP?

I had a trial of Windowblinds but it was very annoying (asked me if I wanted to buy it every time I booted up.)

I started to "acquire" it but the bootleg wanted to modify core components of my OS and I wasn't gonna let that **** go down.

Anyone?

//Of limited help since I suck at explaining things, but basically, you need a hacked version of uxtheme.dll, which can be found easily with google, and a theme you like (I only have experience with Royal Noir (Black), which is mine, and the Zune theme, which is essentially the same except with an orange start button, both of which can be found with google. And essentially you place them in the system32 themes folder (Can't remember which...), and double click them to have them set.

Last edited by TeslaWolf at Mar 7, 2009,
Page 1 of 2