Page 1 of 5
Lately it is like everyone is only into this genre and nothing else. Example, Tabs and chords forum mostly have metalcore tabs there, music loud (Canadian tv show) only show metacore or deathcore, and other stuff is just based on metalcore nowadays. I seriously am getting tired of hearing bree! **** and pig **** vocals or whatever you call it with tasteless harmonized open string riffs. Another thing I notice about metalcore is why does mostly EVERY single metalcore band use C tunning? what is that about?

Why is metalcore being the poster child for metal now?

I'm probably going to be called a closeminded asshole or something but I'm just voicing what is not my mind.

EDIT: you ever notice the majority of metalcore names? like they alway having some like. Days gone to the bury or My tear as black? Most of the time I can just tell a metalcore band by their name.
Last edited by The Arsis at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote by The Arsis
Lately it is like everyone is only into this genre and nothing else. Example, Tabs and chords forum mostly have metalcore tabs there, music loud (Canadian tv show) only show metacore or deathcore, and other stuff is just based on metalcore nowadays. I seriously am getting tired of hearing bree! **** and pig **** vocals or whatever you call it with tasteless harmonized open string riffs. Another thing I notice about metalcore is why does mostly EVERY single metalcore band use C tunning? what is that about?

Why is metalcore being the poster child for metal now?

I'm probably going to be called a closeminded asshole or something but I'm just voicing what is not my mind.

Much loud DOESNT show metalcore. I know, i watch it every day. It doesn't play metal either, but I've seen maybe less than 10 metalcore videos in 2 years.
Who cares? People are allowed to like what they're gonna like. If you don't like it, you could always, you know - not listen to it and/or care about it, then get on with life.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by The Arsis

EDIT: you ever notice the most metalcore names? like they alway having some like. Days gone to the bury or My tear as black? Most of the time I can just tell a metalcore band by their name most of the time.

Most of the time I like to repeat myself most of the time. But that's just most of the time, most of the time I keep it straightforward most of the time.
Quote by Telestar
Most of the time I like to repeat myself most of the time. But that's just most of the time, most of the time I keep it straightforward most of the time.

sig'd. that was hilarious.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by RentACar
Much loud DOESNT show metalcore. I know, i watch it every day. It doesn't play metal either, but I've seen maybe less than 10 metalcore videos in 2 years.

WTF are you watching? every time I tune in to it is... METALCORE!
Quote by The Arsis
EDIT: you ever notice the most metalcore names? like they alway having some like. Days gone to the bury or My tear as black? Most of the time I can just tell a metalcore band by their name most of the time.

Verb The Noun.
Who cares about Metalcore.......... this is the Metal forum.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Last night I had a dream that I bought The Mantle on vinyl for $9.99 and it came with a DVD and shirt...

Then I woke up and life sucked.
Could always just start listening to rap music if metal core makes you so mad.

Just sayin.. ya know... it's an option.
Guitars:
Gibson Explorer - White
PRS SE Singlecut
Fender Acoustic

Amps:
Crate head w/ POD preamp
Crate 120 watt POS
Crate Cab
anything with "core" in it isnt metal. sorry.
i agree with kid_thorazine, metalcore and hardcore is like the modern version of glam metal.
Quote by campbell92
Do you actually dance after each post you make?

...that would be so badass.

!!PanterA!!

Memeber #7 of the Altar Of Slayer!!
Just for clarity's sake, could you list off a couple Metalcore bands?

The metalcore I know doesn't have pig squealing...

Let's define it maybe, again, so we can all be clear on what you're talking about.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Quote by blasphemus666
i agree with kid_thorazine, metalcore and hardcore is like the modern version of glam metal.

You know - it's strange...

After reading your post, I'm somehow reassured that I'm not a slave..

What a relief...

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by blasphemus666

grindcore? I always think of the good ones as metal.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Metalcore is just another trend in music.

It'll pass eventually.

There is some good metalcore though,
I suggest Killswitch Engage.
They pretty much made it popular and they're amazing
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
war of ages plays in drop d and uses death growls and yelling and the guitar riffs are comparable to those of prog. death metal bands

just to go against your stereotyping
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by sneyob

It'll pass eventually.

AGREED

whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
I agree its really poserish metal. Sure the riffs can be heavy at times but its not as fierce as thrash in the 80s or as fun as metal in the past. It combines fall out boy and metal. I noticed the vocals are part screamo and then they go into an emoish voice which pisses me off and most of them look like faggy little emos. METALCORE SUCKS MY BALLS!!!!
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Quote by sneyob

It'll pass eventually.

Ugh, Killswitch Engage are one of the worst I've heard. A derivative mish mash of riffs and angst.
They are as many poser band in metalcore/deathcore that they are in metal ( sorry for ****y ass grammar )

Its just that since Core music is the new big phenomen everybody want to take a place. So we got more **** bands.

Dont make an opinion on band like BFMV,Trivium and A7x

Quote by blasphemus666

Wow are you ****ing stupid. Hardcore is here since ages.

Quote by AutumnFire
I think it's sad that people hate on metalcore for no other reason than it's popular.

You know whats so ****ing funny ? They are wayyyyyy more metal fans than metalcore
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Last edited by Hcmanu at Mar 7, 2009,
I think it's sad that people hate on metalcore for no other reason than it's popular. The funny thing is that they think it makes them nonconformist, when the opposite is actually true.
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy w/ EMG 81/85s
Ibanez RG 370 DX
Bugera 6262 212 Combo
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Digitech Digidelay

Bugera Users Militia
Quote by bfredder92
I agree its really poserish metal. Sure the riffs can be heavy at times but its not as fierce as thrash in the 80s or as fun as metal in the past. It combines fall out boy and metal. I noticed the vocals are part screamo and then they go into an emoish voice which pisses me off and most of them look like faggy little emos. METALCORE SUCKS MY BALLS!!!!

You're making a bad case for metal fans by acting like a ten year old who's nervous around homosexuals.

Just letting you know.

And knowing is half the battle.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
You're making a bad case for metal fans by acting like a ten year old who's nervous around homosexuals.

Just letting you know.

And knowing is half the battle.

Sorry i just hate metalcore
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Quote by bfredder92
Sorry i just hate metalcore

Don't apologize to me - I don't look like sh*t becuase of what you did. Haha.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by AutumnFire
I think it's sad that people hate on metalcore for no other reason than it's popular. The funny thing is that they think it makes them nonconformist, when the opposite is actually true.

I think it's sad that people hate on people who hate on metalcore for no other reason than not liking their music. The funny thing is that they think it makes them nonconformist, when the opposite is actually true.
Uh...who cares?

I'm sick of people giving crap to metalcore, saying things like metalcore isnt metal. It seems like everything gets lost when you start labeling everything as "this genre" and "that genre". Whatever happened to just liking music. So what if they are as "metal" as you want them to be. Easy, just don't listen to them. I mean sure, the mainstream is basically just carbon copies of each other, but I don't think thats a basis to blame an entire genre for. If you actually looked beneath the surface, you'd realize its not all breakdowns, ninja kicks, and minor seconds. In fact, if you look as some of the bands that are considered the "originators" of metalcore, you'd notice that they sound nothing like the popular crap you see on TV or hear on the radio. Basically what I am saying is that if your going to bash a genre, at least know your enemy, instead of picking a few generic qualities from bands you've seen or heard on the radio.

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't even blame the mainstream bands. I'd much more put the blame on their horrible fans.
Last edited by puppetzmaster8 at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote by UncleCthulhu
I think it's sad that people hate on people who hate on metalcore for no other reason than not liking their music. The funny thing is that they think it makes them nonconformist, when the opposite is actually true.

I think it's sad that people hate on people who form rebuttals against people who hate on metalcore for no other reason than not liking their music. The funny thing is that they think that the other people think that they'll think that it makes them nonconformist, when the opposite is actually true for both of them.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
I think it's sad that people hate on people who form rebuttals against people who hate on metalcore for no other reason than not liking their music. The funny thing is that they think that the other people think that they'll think that it makes them nonconformist, when the opposite is actually true for both of them.

I think it's sad that people try to continue arguments that don't really exist because it comes down to whether people like the music. The funny thing is that they like to think that other people care about other peoples taste in music and they think that makes them cool, when the opposite is actually true.
How about this:

Like what you want, and keep it to yourself.

This is so pointless.

You're welcome
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Because metal doesn't require mainstream attention to thrive, metalcore does.

/thread

.....Sorry, I have to disagree with you on that one.

If metalcore is a "trend", then why has it been around, and thrived, for over ten years? Bands like Converge, Coalesce, Botch, old school Cave In etc. were around long before the "trend".

Metalcore doesn't need mainstream attention for anything. And, yes, only one of the above bands are still making music, but it wasn't because they died out from the trend, the bands just stopped playing.

The only kind of "metalcore" that is mainstream is the more current melodic metalcore, like Killswitch Engage, All that Remains, etc. and even then those bands could still thrive without attention.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by UncleCthulhu
I think it's sad that people try to continue arguments that don't really exist because it comes down to whether people like the music. The funny thing is that they like to think that other people care about other peoples taste in music and they think that makes them cool, when the opposite is actually true.

Okay.... First - take a deep breath.

Second - Walk away from the computer.

Third - Realize that my post was a joke.

Four - Say "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.... I get it now."

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by fallenangel20

The only kind of "metalcore" that is mainstream is the more current melodic metalcore, like Killswitch Engage, All that Remains, etc. and even then those bands could still thrive without attention.

Finally someone who agree about this.

Bands like converge, PWD, Shai hullud are metalcore. Are they mainstream ? Hell no
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Hcmanu

Wow are you ****ing stupid. Hardcore is here since ages.

While this is true, it should be noted that current hardcore sound pretty much nothing like 80s hardcore (which had a massive influence on Thrash, a fact I never get tired of pointing out to the "hardcore influences make metal terrible" crowd.)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I should have worded it better, I was saying that the current wave of genericore is becoming more and more prevalent because of the popularity that earlier bands like Knut and Botch garnered.

Simplistically put, if a genre becomes popular more and more of it will appear.

CTHEDIT:
Quote by strat0blaster
Okay.... First - take a deep breath.

Second - Walk away from the computer.

Third - Realize that my post was a joke.

Four - Say "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.... I get it now."

I was joking aswell, I lost track of what the heck we were on about
Last edited by UncleCthulhu at Mar 7, 2009,
Metalcore is Metal's retarded black sheep cousin that sucks and fails at life but still gets more love than the accomplished Metal for reasons unknown.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
he way I see it, metalcore's dying, deathcore's alive, and some kind of techno-loving scene kid music is being born.
Quote by k1ng_pooh
Metalcore is Metal's retarded black sheep cousin that sucks and fails at life but still gets more love than the accomplished Metal for reasons unknown.

maybe it's because unlike extreme metal it actually appeals to a reasonably broad audience. Doesn't make it better by any stretch, but people need to realize that most peopel want catchy melodies and grooves, not some technical/atmospheric/br00tal masterpiece.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Page 1 of 5