OK, here's the story. I got an SG, old. It needs lots of new stuff, I'm taking it to the luthier soon to stop some bad fret buzz. But I also need new tuners, the ones on it are oxidizing and don't hold tune well. I'm changing all the hardware to gold, so it needs to come in gold. I would like the shape of Klusons as well. And lastly, it needs to be under $65 US. So please give me some links guys!!!

I have Grovers on my SG. Mine are silver, but I'm pretty sure they come in gold as well.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
^Do you have a link to some good Grovers under 65? I really like the looks of Klusons but that's not the priority.

Have you checked Ebay?
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Just google it. They're all under $60. Musiciansfriend doesn't have gold ones, you may need to go to a store.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Yes I checked ebay, but all they ever say is that they fit LPs. no sizes or anything. But I guess it would fit an SG too?

Yeah, all tuners are basically the same. If it fits a LP it will fit an SG.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Yeah, those are the exact ones I use, but mine are chrome. I love them.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
^You twist the thumbscrew (not the tuner - a seperate scew on the side) and it clamps down on the string internally. You don't have to loop it around the post. You slide the string into the hole in the post, clamp it down and tune. These things actually snip off the excess string as you start tuning up.

They are more useful with tremolos - but helpful if you bend a lot. Probably help out if your nut or saddles are $hitty too.
Last edited by 667 at Mar 7, 2009,