Anyone have any experience with it? If so, how does it sound? Is it a heavy as EMG's?
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I replaced the 81 in the bridge of my Schecter Hellraiser with a D-Sonic and I absolutely love it. It sounds incredible. Do not hesitate to buy one.
Putting the bar-side of the pick-up towards the bridge will get you a Really tight tone, and can achieve djent very well. With the bar-side towards the neck, it's a really fat tone. I'd totally recommend buying one, great pick-up when I tried it out.
Quote by bowen
Putting the bar-side of the pick-up towards the bridge will get you a Really tight tone, and can achieve djent very well. With the bar-side towards the neck, it's a really fat tone. I'd totally recommend buying one, great pick-up when I tried it out.

Correct me if I'm wrong,since I very well may be,but the installation you described is for the 7 string version f the D-sonic,and for the 6 string it's the opposite.On the 7 the bar towards the bridge tightens the sound and gives it more attack,and on the 6 string version putting the bar towards the neck gets you that sound,or at least I think it does.

Semantics aside,it's a great pickup.I have one in my 7 string and it can get really heavy,but it remains balanced and articulate and is very responsive to picking dynamics and phrasing.The D-sonic beats an 81 any day IMO.I was going to put one in one of my sixers,but I went for the Steve's Special instead,which is another great articulate metal pup.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.