Page 1 of 2
Right guys its my birthday on the 17 of march and im looking to get a new guitar. I started a post a while back about a bc rich but my parents said wait till now, and now a 400 pound guitar is too much money :P so instead i have these 2 guitars in mind.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/76359

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/js-30-rr/66455

or http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/73378
(you should be able to tell that ones not actually on the list, i just really want it :P)

Feedback would be great on both guitars, but if im barking up the wrong tree (by that i mean make of guitar) point me in a new direction (I REALLY want a jackson xD)

thanks guys!!!1!11!1!one!!1!
Ones a V the other is a Rhandy rhoades shape (offset v)
GEAR
________

Jackson RR3 w/ Dimebucker
Epiphone G400 Extreme
Marshall Mg30 Dfx (It does the job),
Kelry Sinister Strings, 10 - 52's
Dunlop Jazz III's or Dunlop purple 2.00 tortex(sharpened).
Quote by SnooBag101
what is the difference between the two jacksons?

ones a king v, ones a rhoads style

and jackson ftw. although those are the lower end models...but still..yay for jackson
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Hoodoo Child, mind giving a review on the two guitars? also i tried them both before, there amazing compared to a £100 guitar
Quote by LilM-experiment
speaking of BC Rich, can anyone tell me bout the metal master?

Isnt that a lower end model with kerry king graphics?

Anyway look into some ibanez guitars their lower-mid range stuff is actually quite good.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
IMO It would be better for you to just save for a while and get a guitar when you can afford a nicer one.

Oh and never buy a low end BCRich. You will regret it for the rest of your life
Quote by Creedible
Hoodoo Child, mind giving a review on the two guitars? also i tried them both before, there amazing compared to a £100 guitar

ive never played them, but i know that jackson guitars are amazing, as ive got one

i agree with someone above me, who says you should save up for a pro series...but hey
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Isnt that a lower end model with kerry king graphics?

Anyway look into some ibanez guitars their lower-mid range stuff is actually quite good.

yeah, it is a rather lower-end model, i would hope for better, but it's all i could find with a lot of frets in a decent price range, i'm really looking for an electric guitar too to get for my birthday, so i would appreciate anyone's help.
Quote by LilM-experiment
yeah, it is a rather lower-end model, i would hope for better, but it's all i could find with a lot of frets in a decent price range, i'm really looking for an electric guitar too to get for my birthday, so i would appreciate anyone's help.

Look into an ibanez they make good stuff at decent prices

Anyway TS if you like jackson like I said you may want to look into some ibanez guitars as well
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Both are basically the same, except the shape. I wrote this about the RR in another thread, so I copied it... I don't OWN it, but I've played around on my friends enough to say this:

My buddy bought one of these just to have along side his Ibanez Joe Satch. so he could have a simple string-thru set up for down tuning. It was pretty f'n cheap and isn't too bad looking at all. I was always a big fan of the RR's but this doesn't look/feel quite as 'quality' as the more expensive ones of course... but it's definitely not bad at all for the price tag. The jackson pickups were *ok* but you may eventually want to swap. The action was pretty good and it played decent right out of the shop. Like all V's, not the most ideal if sitting down (and the jack is on the inside of the V, in the way of your knee) and when standing, if you let go of the neck, it falls towards the ground.

With that said, its a good deal I'd say. however, I wouldn't buy this one if it was gonna be your main and ONLY guitar.
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
Definitely get the first Jackson. It looks awesome. An i can guess it would play well to.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Look into an ibanez they make good stuff at decent prices

Anyway TS if you like jackson like I said you may want to look into some ibanez guitars as well

i can agree with this, i found an Ibanez electric guitar for under 300 bucks w/24 frets, cheap with a lot of frets, that's the kinda guitar for me
Just telling,
i've got a Jackson kelly,
i really like it but there is one con,
and i think it is a pretty big con,
the shape,
most of the time you play you sit, with the guitar on your lap,
and the shape is not quite made for that, i say strats are much better design,
look at ibanez RG s or at Jackson dinkys
How long have you been playing? If you've been playing for a short time, don't get a JS King V because V's are harder to play sitting down.

The Rhoads guitar is better if your a beginner, but other than the shape, yeah there's no difference.

And by the way, when you have the money, please don't get that Dean. Please.

Oh yeah, what's your amp?
i have a razorback woot woot. its a beast.
i wanted the bumble bee slime. i got the plane white one without a tremolo
The Flying V is a recipe for disaster.
If everything could ever feel this real forever,
If anything could ever be this good again,
The only thing I'll ever ask of you,
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when.
Which ever shape you like better, they got essentially the same specs...
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
Quote by Creedible
Right guys its my birthday on the 17 of march and im looking to get a new guitar. I started a post a while back about a bc rich but my parents said wait till now, and now a 400 pound guitar is too much money :P so instead i have these 2 guitars in mind.

Sounds like you're in need of a Les Paul
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
How long have you been playing? If you've been playing for a short time, don't get a JS King V because V's are harder to play sitting down.

The Rhoads guitar is better if your a beginner, but other than the shape, yeah there's no difference.

And by the way, when you have the money, please don't get that Dean. Please.

Oh yeah, what's your amp?

Ive been playing 2 years now and i have a 15 watt marshall amp :L im going to buy a 60 watt g2 amp off my mate hopefully (yn) And hows the rhoads better for beginners?

Thanks for all the response guys!
If you want the RR shape, go for the RX10D, I've played on one and its nice.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I don't understand all the problems that peaople have with V's. If you put them on your lap in the 'classical position they're easy to play sat down. Alot of people even prefer it, I've got a friend whose wrist cramps up when he plays a guitar sat down in the normall position for an extended period of time.

But despite that I wouldn't worry about how comphortable a guitar is to play sat down, if your start playing guitar stood up now it will benifit you so much more in the future if you start playing in a band. I've seen alot of great players that look so awkward on stage because there not used to playing stood up, and others that are used to playing stood up just oozeing stage presence

I also like the way a V shape guitar feels stood up too because sometimes the top cutaway on strat shape guitar can feel abit cumbersome. Also the big gap at the bottom of the guitar makes it perfect for resting on your left leg during a complicated solo (Kindof like what Alexi laiho, Michael Amott and alot of other players do).

I supose the only drawback of most V shapes is the neck dive you get when playing stood up. But I got used to it and it doesn't botehr me anymore
My recomendation would be to hit up craigslist and look for some decent guitars, ive seen a jackson with a floyd rose on there for 200. You might have some decent luck.
Quote by Creedible
Ive been playing 2 years now and i have a 15 watt marshall amp :L im going to buy a 60 watt g2 amp off my mate hopefully (yn) And hows the rhoads better for beginners?

Thanks for all the response guys!

The Rhoads is very easy to play sitting down because of the shape compared to the other V.

But, I Buy Peace does have a very good point. If you feel comfortable in classical position, go ahead and get a V. I love flying V's, I'm getting an LTD version myself soon enough, and if you like playing standing up there will be no hassle or anything. It's better to practice standing up IMO.
hmmm

so how much are you actually allowed to spend on a guitar?
see if you can get a RR3 our your rents
or the LTD V200?

or look on ebay
think craiglist is USA i think
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Carrot, Its £209 there spending, or giving me a bit of that and i have to save up myself

, whats the classical position?
I've tried the js 30 in a music shop quite recently, it plays pretty good and suprisingly the pickups aren't too bad either, good, solid guitar for the money. Go for it!
Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Squier Strat (in bits LOL)
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1
Quote by Creedible
Carrot, Its £209 there spending, or giving me a bit of that and i have to save up myself

, whats the classical position?

For £209 ish theres a few ESP LTD models which are good
Viper 50 (SG shape)
AX 50 (look like a warlock)
EX 50 ( explorer shape)

for another £20 you can get some of the 100 models which are much better to play

no V's tho until you hit the £350 mark
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Well guys, 2 days before my birthday we went into town and ive got the guitar now, only thing is im not allowed to play it until my birthday!

damn birthdays, just an excuse to gnaw on your fingernails!
Quote by Creedible
Well guys, 2 days before my birthday we went into town and ive got the guitar now, only thing is im not allowed to play it until my birthday!

damn birthdays, just an excuse to gnaw on your fingernails!

swee bro, what did ya end up buying

(there better be a NGD thread... or else)
Quote by Killedelphia19
swee bro, what did ya end up buying

(there better be a NGD thread... or else)

NGD? lol. I got the Jackson JS30RR. Its so new and shinny and awsome i really wanna play it!
Quote by Creedible
NGD? lol. I got the Jackson JS30RR. Its so new and shinny and awsome i really wanna play it!

(NGD - New Guitar Day)

i'm serious when i say if theres no NGD thread, bad things will happen

well anyway, congrats on the new guitar

EDIT: and just so people can stop suggesting him guitars already..

HE ALREADY GOT THE GUITAR
Last edited by Killedelphia19 at Mar 15, 2009,
Quote by LilM-experiment
speaking of BC Rich, can anyone tell me bout the metal master?

Don't buy any low-end B.C. Rich.
Ibanez S520EX ~ Roland Cube 30X ~ Dunlop Tortex 1.0mm
Page 1 of 2