So Im going to be starting a Super Strat build in my shop class in the next few weeks.

Im thinking I just want a rear routed strat body with a single humbucker in the bridge position and a Kahler bridge.

Now Im just wanting to buy a neck and I will go with a standard strat neck but Id prefer something along the lines of a jackson, charvel, kramer or the old bc riches with all the tuners on one side, does any one have any idea where I can find one other than ebay.

Thanks, and please put up with my bad punctuation right now, Im on my sisters comp with the bilingual **** turned on and I cant get it off
warmoth.com

btw, if this is a first build, dont use a kahler. their a b**** to get working right...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Yeah I checked warmoth and its gunna be like $400 to my door so I wanna find something a bit cheaper.

And whats wrong with Kahlers
Kahlers require a crapload of routing (I think) in order for them to sit right and stay in tune.

Warmoth make the best quality necks, and I'd be happy to spend the extra for something that has good quality.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
@ TS- nothing, when done right.

but they are a pain to set up correctly, and thus can be a real problem on first builds. if u must go trem, use a strat trem, or at most a floyd rose.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
@ TS- nothing, when done right.

but they are a pain to set up correctly, and thus can be a real problem on first builds. if u must go trem, use a strat trem, or at most a floyd rose.

I just like them because their a direct mount on the top of the body with no routing required.
wrong, all kahlers require some top routing. i thought that the didnt for a while, too, but a close reading of the kahler webpage proves otherwise.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
As I've said in another thread:

properly set up, the kahler is a great system. The one thing I have against it is the 'locking nut' which truly doesn't replace the nut at all. It's just a string locking device behind the nut.
The kahler is a truly innovative concept on paper and in the field. The provides very little resistance to either pull ups or dives and allows for a smooth sounding transition.
At the same time, it is completely true that it has its issues, just like anything. It has more moving parts than the floyd does, and this may be what causes its problems. It is also a little bit more difficult to set up, in my opinion, than the floyd. And this is why there are so many poorly set up kahlers out there that ruin the name of the bridge.
If you replace its locking nut with the floyd locking nut, then you don't have the problem of the nut breaking, as I've seen a million times before.

Bottom line, the kahler works, but not quite as simply as the floyd.

Since this is your first build, I would definitely suggest going with a floyd or a strat trem. It is much easier, and it sounds like you may or may not know enough about the workings of guitar hardware to be able to set up and maintain a Kahler correctly.
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster