can anyone tell me where to put a killswitch, button style, on a guitar with one single coil, 1 volume, and 1 tone?
Near the volume and tone controls?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
its a telecaster, so theyre close to the pickup anyway. wherever it works. the bottom half of the guitar
Quote by guarana
can anyone tell me where to put a killswitch, button style, on a guitar with one single coil, 1 volume, and 1 tone?

somewhere on the headstock?

this question is stupid. it's your guitar, put it where ever you want/can.
where it feels most comfortable to you, where you can hit it quickly, with these things, it's all personal preference as far as the technology will allow
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
Quote by guarana
no i mean where in the circuit

it cant be done.

this has been covered in the killswitch thread.
Quote by noisefarmer
it cant be done.

urm sure it can be, if theres room on the control plate r if he drills a whole
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
urm sure it can be, if theres room on the control plate r if he drills a whole

if people cant be bothered to use the searchbar then i cant be bothered with pointing them in the right direction.

so like i said it cant be done.
Quote by noisefarmer
if people cant be bothered to use the searchbar then i cant be bothered with pointing them in the right direction.

Thats mean
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Quote by KiraIBZ
Thats mean

people should read the faq instead of assuming that their question is unique and hasn't been asked a hundred times before.
Quote by noisefarmer
people should read the faq instead of assuming that their question is unique and hasn't been asked a hundred times before.

Ive used this sites search before.. And often I went through pages of results not even remotely related to my question. So I would make a thread on it, and have someone like you making tired searchbar jokes and being very unhelpfull. Ever think of that? Maybe he just wanted a quick answer too. On top of that, you could have given him a link.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528529&highlight=killswitch
^There ya go.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Quote by KiraIBZ
Ive used this sites search before.. And often I went through pages of results not even remotely related to my question. So I would make a thread on it, and have someone like you making tired searchbar jokes and being very unhelpfull. Ever think of that? Maybe he just wanted a quick answer too. On top of that, you could have given him a link.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528529&highlight=killswitch
^There ya go.

Ok, the search part sucks, but if you go over to the Advanced search, you get alot better results. You just have to be concise with what you ask the search gods. But even if he did search, put in kill switch, it wouldn't be hard in this case to find what he is looking for.
Quote by PainIsPower
Ok, the search part sucks, but if you go over to the Advanced search, you get alot better results. You just have to be concise with what you ask the search gods. But even if he did search, put in kill switch, it wouldn't be hard in this case to find what he is looking for.

Yes but, there are times where you cant accuratly find results and people often complain about these things. Which is what I was more specifically mentioning.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus

---

Female guitarist

Flickr
Quote by KiraIBZ
Yes but, there are times where you cant accuratly find results and people often complain about these things. Which is what I was more specifically mentioning.

True, and most of those threads people are happy to help, but for things like this though where the search bar was blatantly over looked it is a little bit different. Also if one was to sit down and think about a kill switch with basic knowledge on the electronics in a guitar you should be able to rather easily figure out how to put one in.
it isnt even a matter of using the searchbar anymore since you have a 90% chance of seeing another killswitch thread on the first page.

certain threads like the killswitch thread and especially the wiring diagrams thread should be pinned to the top of the forum.
dunno if it's been said but you want a push to make button and wire it across the jack. so if effect it short circuits the signal in the guitar.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Quote by noisefarmer

well what do you mean by it cant be done then?

Quote by Deliriumbassist
i did it just confused me lol
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by noisefarmer
it cant be done.

Quote by noisefarmer

look kid, if they don't bother to search, fine. just tell them what to search for and leave it at that. or simply don't post.

but don't lie. it CAN be done. because of your intentional lie, i'm recommending you for a warning or ban. you are so on my radar, dude.

Quote by guarana
Go here: the ULTIMATE killswitch thread Adding a killswitch to a single pickup 1vol 1tone is easy. Just read the first few posts in that thread and you should be able to figure it out. If you have any questions about it, just post in that thread.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.