Page 1 of 108
Well it's 19 days until the Aussie GP, so I thought it'd be time for a thread for the season.
hello
Last edited by opc100 at Mar 8, 2009,
Quote by Iriathz
Yay!

Should be cool/interesting/freaking awesome.

That it should.
Peticularly looking forward to the BBC coverage. No breaks!
You wouldn't believe how much I've missed because of them.
hello
Never heard of it, but I may have to check it out. Just because opc thinks it's awesome.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
Quote by Bamitchell
Never heard of it, but I may have to check it out. Just because opc thinks it's awesome.

Wow...

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by opc100
That it should.
Peticularly looking forward to the BBC coverage. No breaks!
You wouldn't believe how much I've missed because of them.

Yesss!!! I hate watching football on ITV because of the fucking breaks.

Anyone know if that guy who walks around the grid will be with the BBC? He is badass.
^ Yeah. Martin Brundle joined the Beeb. should be a great season. and the bbc f1 section looks nice.
It's gonna be a blue day
anyone else reckon Kubica will finish in the top3 of the standings this year? unless he has been dropped (ihaven't kept up with the movement of drivers in the off seson)
Quote by maggot9779
Yesss!!! I hate watching football on ITV because of the fucking breaks.

Anyone know if that guy who walks around the grid will be with the BBC? He is badass.

At least adverts during footbal aren't in the middle of play.
My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
Quote by LankeyDwarf
At least adverts during footbal aren't in the middle of play.

Yea I guess, although you can't really blame them, they have to make money....and a race is like 2 hours long lol.
^ You should. It will be very different from when you last watched it.
It's gonna be a blue day
This season should be magnificent, if the cars are as close as the testing puts them. And yay for Ross Brawn buying the Honda team, nice to see Rubens and Jenson sticking around.
Brad Delp - June 12, 1951 to March 9, 2007 R.I.P
Quote by perry589
The major rule changes.

That KERS thing looks like it could open the door for other teams. Good to see them bringing back the slicks too

Sucks that they are going to have 8 engines though. It'll make the races more boring IMO, they wont want to take risks for fear of a penalty.

Thats is all.
Really looking forward to it. Tis a bit naff about Brawn racing. Ross reckoned they could be in the top three, but that was before Honda quit. They're bound to be un-competitive now. Oh well at least it didn't drop to 18 cars. Team America apparently joining the championship in 2010, that should be entertaining.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
ooo the KERS sounds sick. Id be great if they could make it do something visiually dramatic if you activated it. They wont, but imagine like a fireball or a flash of light or something and the car just blasting forward. I already thought last season was far better then the preceding ones. I think its great that theyre increasing competetiveness.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Jean Girard is going to take it.
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
For once i have no idea who will win, but from winter testing so far i have a rough idea of where everyone is. Red Bull look very strong, as no doubt torro rosso will be too, and Toyota also look like they could suprise. Ferrari are doing alright, but seem to not bother whenever the track gets a little moist, so i dont know where abouts they are. BMW look like upper-midfielders, but are probably sandbagging again! Williams were strong but have faded, and force india seem to be in the midfield now. The Renault only seems to work when Alonso drives it, the Mclaren doesnt seem to work no matter who drives it, and Brawn Gp probably wont achieve much this season, but who knows.

To be honest, the Mclaren does look fairly hopeless at the moment, they still use last years rear wing in testing a lot of the time and still come near the bottom of the timesheets with it. If they arent sandbagging, its going to be a long season for them. From testing so far, id put my money on Vettel to be champion.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
^ Yeah, McLaren seem quite lost in testing. Maybe they'll be like Williams in 1998 after a period of being strong to suddenly being in the pack.

Quote by Cal UK
Really looking forward to it. Tis a bit naff about Brawn racing. Ross reckoned they could be in the top three, but that was before Honda quit. They're bound to be un-competitive now. Oh well at least it didn't drop to 18 cars. Team America apparently joining the championship in 2010, that should be entertaining.

Team America?

Seriously, if they choose Danica Patrick in 2010, it will be entertaining. She'll probably pick a fight after each race because she got 'blocked'.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by CrazyPigeon
The new cars are so ugly though...

Serious?
I actual love the way they look. I couldn't be doing with all the flappy bits on last seasons cars. The Williams one looks badass.
hello
The high and narrow rear wings look ****, but they're good apart from that.
Yes, can't wait. It will be an interesting season, I like Vettle, Lewis or Alonso for the championship, or could be Kimi or Massa. Its up for grabs! Also Rubens is back for Ross Brawn GP.
Last edited by Tempoe at Mar 8, 2009,
The interim Williams colour schemes always look better. Check the testing photos.
Quote by smb
The interim Williams colour schemes always look better. Check the testing photos.

I've just seen the real thing, I'm crushed
hello
Yay! I'm hoping Nick Heidfeld wins a race this year. I also hope McLaren are fast too.
Heres the testing times for today.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/8998.html

Yep, BMW were sandbagging earlier! Its a very impressive time from Heidfeld, and also from Button in a car thats only ran once for a shakedown. Brawn Gp could be a force to be reckoned with.

The whole problem with testing times is that the fuel levels, tyre freshness etc are all unknown. For all we know Webber could have been driving slower than he is capable of, as Vettel's red bull posted the best testing time last week. McLaren, and to a lesser extent Williams, have been slow in most of the past few tests, so it is probable they'll be at the back for the first part of the season, if not all of it now mid-season testing is banned.

Its also good to see Piquet is starting to drag himself up the order a bit. Whether thats due to him improving or Renault we shall see when Alonso gets in the car.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
McLaren tested a new floor, diffuser, front wing and exhaust today. Must be a hell of a workload to get the cars ready for Melbourne.
The BBC should revive coverage to what it should be, Legard is a good broadcaster

The cars will all inevitably break down

After spygate McLaren are defiately sandbagging, however that may well make them too far behind in the long run unless they can make a breakthrough in the next week, and even if that they will struggle

my overall prediction

1. Kubica
2. Vettel
3. Massa
4. Alonso
5. Hamilton
6.Webber (might win one, the car looks mighty impressive)
7. Heidfeld
8. Raikonnen
9. Glock
10. Bourdais
11.Trulli
12. Kovallinen
13. Rosberg
14. Nakajima
15. Piquet Jr (worst driver in the world in a decent)
16. Fisichela
17. Buemi
18. Sutil
19. Barachello (Unless it pisses down at Silverstone again)
20. Button

As much kudos as i must give to Brawn for saving the team and the factory jobs, that car will spend the whole season either on fire or going around in little cirlces while being lapped by nelson piquet jr

Quote by perry589

Seriously, if they choose Danica Patrick in 2010, it will be entertaining. She'll probably pick a fight after each race because she got 'blocked'.

This, and the other driver should be that Canadian guy, Paul Tracy, he's just as angry as she is
Last edited by Symmetry4321 at Mar 9, 2009,
I don't read too much into testing.

Clearly this is not an accurate representation of the cars relative speed:

01. N. Heidfeld BMW 1:20.339 92 laps
02. K. Räikkönen Ferrari 1:20.908 +0.569 80 laps
03. J. Trulli Toyota 1:20.937 +0.598 118 laps
04. J. Button Brawn GP 1:21.140 +0.801 82 laps
05. N. Piquet Jr. Renault 1:21.662 +1.323 124 laps
06. S. Bourdais Toro Rosso 1:22.158 +1.819 96 laps
07. M. Webber Red Bull 1:22.246 +1.907 115 laps
08. A. Sutil Force India 1:22.452 +2.113 127 laps
09. K. Nakajima Williams 1:22.813 +2.474 111 laps
10. H. Kovalainen McLaren 1:22.948 +2.609 87 laps

I'm very glad to see Brawn takeover the Honda team though. Also means he is tied down and won't go back to Ferrari
Ahhh yes I love F1.

Nice to be back.

Some interesting links :

Kovalainen vs Raikkonen start practice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihr4yGRMYpo&feature=channel

James Allen's blog (yes we all hate him as a commentator..but as a blogger, he's quite good.)

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/

BBCF1 Mole

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/f1mole/

Lee McKenzie's twitter, says only BMW will use KERS at Melbourne

http://twitter.com/LeeMcK

Anyway in the news, Hamilton had another off (2008 spec rear wing AGAIN ?). IIRC he's the only one to actually have a major problem like this, any other problems have been when the engine/KERS has blown up. Although Trulli did get his FW knocked off by a kerb

and a close up of the R29's new steering, complete with KERS, an 'Overtake' button, and what look to be rotary dials for wing angles :

Quote by sam b
C'MON MASSA

That is all.

you are right
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.