ive always liked epiphone acoustics

but yamahas are good too

try the epiphone aj-1 acoustic
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG2EX1

Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Digitech Grunge Distortion pedal

Line 6 spider 3 75w
that's a good guitar for starters/low budget guitars and/or bass players who like to fool around.

edit: my bassist friend has one. it's pretty nice.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
imo takamines suck, then again it could be just that i've never put my hands on a high end or mid priced one, but the low end ones suck. i would say it's a step up considering how solid yamaha is for acoustic guitars.
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Even match. Slight edge in favor of the Jasmine, based on Takamine having more respect than Yamaha on the higher-end guitars. Tone will likely be similar. Both tend to have a weaker volume and balanced toward the treble end. Also the Jasmine has a lower purchase price than the Yamaha on GC, but resell value will likely be a tiny bit better on the Jasmine. To be frank, inexperienced buyers (like myself at the time) confuse Jasmine and Takamine. I bought one believing it was just the name of the model; I didn't know it was a seperate deal like Fender and Squier. I paid almost double the current retail price on GC, and that purchase was made around 1996! But hey, I learned to never make another purchase at that same pawn shop, and I've never steered business to it. Pricks...
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Actually, this will be a step up from a Jasmine by Takamine. The key word there is BY. Jasmines are like the LP Special II's of Takamine

IMO, I would spend the extra $60 or so and get the Yamaha FG730S. Solid top over the laminate top on the F335. Or, you can also get the Takamine G330S for this price. Takamines are actually very good guitars. Most of the people who say they suck have never played anything better than the bottom of the barrel.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Mar 7, 2009,
Listen to Natrone, that "By" part cost me somewhere around $480 or so, no case or gig bag, for this:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Takamine-Jasmine-Series-ES33C-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar?sku=515941
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

The FG range are all solid top. You'll get better tone to start off with and it ought to improve a bit with playing, whereas laminate tops will deteriorate a bit.
Ok, here's the solid top>laminate top reasoning system.

Solid and Laminate top refer to the kind of wood the top wood, or soundboard is made out of. To be even more specific, the top is the part of the guitar with the soundhole that faces away from you when you're playing.

Now, the reason a solid top is more desireable than a laminate top is because it is a single, "solid", piece of wood. A pure piece of wood. Conversely speaking, a laminate top is made of a layered, laminate, piece of plywood. The way an acoustic guitar makes sound is through the resonation of the top, back, and side woods. The brunt of the sound comes from the top. Because of that, solid wood tops are preferred because solid wood resonates better than laminate. Why? Well, it is easier for sound waves to move through a solid piece of porous wood than it is to move through thin layers of wood and glue.

Hope that helps!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Tone doesn't dissipate. It only changes.

Also if any reference was made to me I do feel the need to explain my position on takamine vs yamaha guitars.

Firstly, Yamaha's is a much more solid company in terms of low end construction of instruments. The action is very low comparative to any low end takamines i have played (2 people on my floor have low end takamines, and my bassist friend has a yamaha).

Second, Yamaha has better fretwork. Easier to press down.

Third is subjective, but I love the tone of the yamaha, except when the strings could be changed. Takamines do sound impressive, but for their price - quality of construction ratio, I believe that Alvarez and yamaha are a much better choice on the lower end scale, seagull and epiphone for a more mid range scale, and larrivee, taylor, martin, etc. for high end guitars.

If anyone wants to pick out why I didn't mention alvarez high end guitars or even takamine high end guitars is because I haven't played them. I haven't had any to play and I just simply believe right now those choices are the best due to my preference and observation in quality of construction.

So very much so in the low end department I believe it's a step down.
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143