I love the finish/paint on this guitar. can anyone tell me what they did by looking at this picture? what kind of wood?

also, what model guitar is this? Would love to duplicate this build.

My dad is very good with wood work and im pretty good with electronics so we're thinking about trying to make a guitar together. He has several different types of wood that he milled himself that I can choose from.

This is what he told me he has so far: aromatic cedar, cherry, walnut, red and white oak and some others. out of those, what would make the best sounding guitar body for classic rock? we would probably just buy a neck from warmoth to put on our body.

sorry for the length. Thanks
That is flamed maple. It is either stained that colour and then covered in clear. Or covered in a tinted clear, and then more clear. Check the Jackson website for what kind it is.

There is NO such thing as a best wood. People will argue that wood holds a large part of the sound. I don't believe it really affects is to an appreciable audible level. But, for those that believe, there is no best, they are all just different.
Looks like it might be a 3-piece mahogany body with a flamed maple top.

It's really hard to tell what the back wood is though so it might not be mahogany.

Link to guitar?
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by chuckflan333
Looks like it might be a 3-piece mahogany body with a flamed maple top.

It's really hard to tell what the back wood is though so it might not be mahogany.

Link to guitar?

link to guitar
i never took a good look at the ad, I actually just found that pic of the guitar by accident on google. hefty price now that i see it