hi,

im thinking of buying an orange tiny terror and building myself a cab but i cant decide whether should build a 1x12 or 2x12. Idealy id rather have the 1x12 for portablility and because its cheaper, but im thinking i may need a 2x12 for jaming with a band or small gigs. i play mainly metal so i think im going to opt for the celestion g12k-100, is this right or can anyone recommend any other speakers?

thanks in advance
Ibanez RG570 w/Dimebucker , Seymour Duncan 59
Squier Affinity Tele
Boss SD-1
number of speakers only changes the sound a few db so a 1x12 would be just fine
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
so 1x12 will be loud enough? i assume ill have to mic it up to the PA system for gigs?
Squier Affinity Tele
Boss SD-1
for a low watt amp like that i think either would be alright.

I wouldnt want to put it trough a 412.

also if you play metal the yah your ganna want a high powered speaker to get as much clean head room as possible especially with a 15watt amp.

I would go for a 112 because its easier to make, and plus i have a classic 30 head going trough a 112 70/80 speaker and that is deadly loud i must say.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote by THEKID546
for a low watt amp like that i think either would be alright.

I wouldnt want to put it trough a 412.

also if you play metal the yah your ganna want a high powered speaker to get as much clean head room as possible especially with a 15watt amp.

I would go for a 112 because its easier to make, and plus i have a classic 30 head going trough a 112 70/80 speaker and that is deadly loud i must say.

why wouldnt you put it through a 4X12? would it sound bas or somethin?
I just dont like how 412 sound.

i dont know i prefer 212 or 112.

more of a focused sound.
People give 112 cabs crap than they deserve, they're still are great for home use, granted if you're gigging then get something bigger.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
A 2x12 will have better bass response and will sound 'larger', but not noticably 'louder'.

I'd make a 2x12, 'cause it's not THAT much heavier than a 1x12, and you'll certainly have better sound quality.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
1X12's can go plenty loud, trust me. halfstacks are dying out, there just unnecessary. and all your sound (at a big gig) will be from mic'ing the amps and using the PA. if u want a little extra kick go for the 212 but my valveking 112 cranks even at like 6 for volume
2x12 sounds so much better. Just do it. There is a huge jump in sound between a 1x12 and 2x12, it just sounds so much bigger and 3 dimensional. Its a way bigger difference than between 2x12 and 4x12.
If you like bass response, make a 2x12. The 1x12 won't be any quieter, as everyone is saying, but it will lack bass because it can't push as much air.
Quote by Say Ocean
2x12 sounds so much better. Just do it. There is a huge jump in sound between a 1x12 and 2x12, it just sounds so much bigger and 3 dimensional. Its a way bigger difference than between 2x12 and 4x12.

True here. I have a 10 inch amp and a 2x12 and the 2x12 sounds so much fuller at any volume.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
1x12 is fine. But the more speakers the more thicker the sound usually. It's not about volume it's about tone. A lot of people don't get that.
ok thanks for the advice guys, think im going to go with the 2x12 purely for tone. so onto my speaker choice, is the g12k-100 a good choice or not? and should i mix it with a different speaker?

thanks
Squier Affinity Tele
Boss SD-1
Quote by reflex_182
ok thanks for the advice guys, think im going to go with the 2x12 purely for tone. so onto my speaker choice, is the g12k-100 a good choice or not? and should i mix it with a different speaker?

thanks

Yes. For metal they have smooth mids and lots of bass. Maybe mix with a Texas Heat or something like that? Up to you!
how about jensen speakers? ive heard the c12n's and c12k's are decent?
Squier Affinity Tele
Boss SD-1
Go with gt 75's.. Or something higher. I like high wattage speakers with metal honestly. I have cabs with v30's in them but want to sell them. Some people like it but i don't like it as much. I actually prefer my cheap ass b-52 cab thats 480 watts over my v30 cabs.
Screw the speakers, if you play metal don't even consider a tiny terror. Unless you think that chappers loon has good tone, in which case just ignore me.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not