Listen to "Bass tone sample" on my profile page.

Do you think it's too harsh, or does it suit the bass riff?
Quote by ccam555
It's good for what you like(grunge, amirite?). I would loosen up with the gain it's too much for my taste, but we all have our own likes and dislikes. Edit: 6.75/10.

Hm, I'm just trying to figure out how to make a bass sound like a "lead bass". I might use a cleaner tone and lower the action, so it sounds like I'm slapping even when playing a regular bassline.
Quote by ccam555
Digging in and playing with fingernail or pick can help. What bass are you using?

For this, the Rockbass Corvette. It sounds a bit more Fenderish than my Warwick Corv
That is a great bass tone, I wish my bassist had that tone.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I think you need more low end
(to me it sounds like it is trying to be a guitar, though I know this isn't the case)

I like how it isn't really all that clanky
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I would add some more bass. Just my opinion though. Bottom line is that if you like it its fine.
I like it. Makes a great tone for an intro anyway. might wanna add some more bass for the main riff or just go clean for it. depends on the song.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Your tone is amazing, exactly what I've always wanted but just can't get with my Schecter and Peavey amp.

What exactly is the Ampeg SVX software that you use? I've never heard of it before.
Take off some of the gain and boost the bass, then it'll be perfect.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by __Ronnie__
Your tone is amazing, exactly what I've always wanted but just can't get with my Schecter and Peavey amp.

What exactly is the Ampeg SVX software that you use? I've never heard of it before.

I get very close tone using a Schecter through my brand new Sansamp RBI, going into my Crate. I know, Crate sucks, blah blah, it's been working fine for me. Just fool around with your bass for a while, you can get near any tone with a Schecter, unless you're trying for mellow.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410