im a begginer and i would like some "help on playing a metal guitar if you no what i

i need some pointers on playing meatal songs from bands like...
atreyu
avenged sevenfold
metallica and etc.
Or if you have any help for a begginer that would be nice to
Last edited by Vb's #1 balla at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
start out with slower simple bands like Black Sabbath then move up to stuff like Metallica then go onto Iron Maiden and Judas Priest

I was able to play maiden before metallica haha! First maiden song i learned was the trooper, then number of the beast, then aces high, and now i know too many maiden songs :P
learn power chords with open e underneath most metal bands and that in their song and try some alternate picking
When you play 4 notes on for example the lower E string with only stroking your pick DOWN you are not alternate picking. When you pick down and up and down and up you are alternating and you play a lot of faster.

For you I'd recommend to practice very slow at first and record yourself playing.
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Play Go Into The Water by Dethklok

It's easy and contains great palm muting practice and rhythm practice. The tab might take two or three short sessions to learn. Way worth it though
UG'S SEXIEST TRANNY 2010

UG'S 3rd HOTTEST CROSSDRESSER 2011
Quote by Vb's #1 balla
i need some pointers on playing meatal songs from bands like...
atreyu
avenged sevenfold

You my friend, have a lot to learn
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Yeah, those aren't metal bands.
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
If you dont even know what alternate picking is I reccomend you get to that. Also you should probably learn a little bit of musical theory before you learn to play really fast riffs.