Schecter Damien 6

or

Ibanex RGR421EXFM

They are very similiar in most aspects. Both have dual humbuckers, both 24 fret, both hardtails (required! I'm done with dealing with tremolos, broken trem claws and tuning issues; didnt even use it much anyways), and both are at the same price. Which do you think is the better one and for what reason? Am I missing a comparison? Thanks!
Quote by lextexrex
Am I missing a comparison? Thanks!

Replacing the FM would make more of a difference in your tone than a new guitar. Flame me if you want, but it's the truth.
ooooohhhhh, thats a hard choice.... Personally, I like the Schecter because it has real EGM's. Also, I really like the carved top and the bat inlays. However, the blue finish on the Ibanez looks TOTALLY sweet, and the reverse headstock is pretty cool. In the end, I still think I'd go with the schecter.
Quote by speeddemon93
ooooohhhhh, thats a hard choice.... Personally, I like the Schecter because it has real EGM's. Also, I really like the carved top and the bat inlays. However, the blue finish on the Ibanez looks TOTALLY sweet, and the reverse headstock is pretty cool. In the end, I still think I'd go with the schecter.

The EMG HZs on the Damien aren't as "metal" as active EMGs. I vote Schecter though.
ಠ_ಠ
As a proud owner of a newly purchased Damien Special, I'm going to have to vote shecter. Great guitars for the money.
'08 Shecter C1+ w/jb-jazz
'10 LTD Deluxe EC1000 w/Blackouts
Peavey 6505+
Peavey cab
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
ISP Decimator

Lefty
Now I'll be the contrasting voice for you. I, personally, would go for the Ibanez. I've played both guitars and enjoy the neck on the Ibanez way more than the Schecter. But that's just me. And besides, you'd probably think about replacing the pickups on either one anyway (I found in my examination of these guitars that the pickups on both lacked real character).
RGR421EXFM is officially the longest and stupidest name for a guitar ever.
That being said, it plays really great. I cast a vote for the Ibanez.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by speeddemon93
ooooohhhhh, thats a hard choice.... Personally, I like the Schecter because it has real EMG's. Also, I really like the carved top and the bat inlays. However, the blue finish on the Ibanez looks TOTALLY sweet, and the reverse headstock is pretty cool. In the end, I still think I'd go with the schecter.
QFT
Quote by properpat
Now I'll be the contrasting voice for you. I, personally, would go for the Ibanez. I've played both guitars and enjoy the neck on the Ibanez way more than the Schecter. But that's just me. And besides, you'd probably think about replacing the pickups on either one anyway (I found in my examination of these guitars that the pickups on both lacked real character).

I own a similar(but much cheaper) Ibanez, and I dont really like the neck, its too flat for me.