Page 1 of 2
Manny's is going to be closing down. Yes this is THE Manny's. The famous music store that has had dozens of celebrities to walk through it's doors on 48th street. Clapton and Hendrix got their wah pedals here, Guns and Roses filmed Paradise City there, James Brown cruised through those doors, The Beatles visited on their visits to the U.S.A.

This icon of music shops is closing their doors sadly. Thoughts?
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by yankovicfan3125
Dude what the hell?

*reported*

Wait, what did you report...?
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
Quote by yankovicfan3125
Refer to edit.

Thanks, but still.

THOUGHTs!?!?!!?!
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
That sucks. Someone with a lot of money like Bill Gates or someone famous and involved like Eric Clapton himself should buy it and preserve it. No doubt, Clapton could keep it running off his own money. He sold a guitar for nearly a milllion dollars, but that went to charity, so he could probably get money to keep this historical store.
Quote by pinkhaze29
When is it closing?

End of May
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
Quote by ccam555
Grr. Hopefully we can find an investor.

Anyone know any famous musicians?

I have Jim West's phone number.
He's Weird Al's guitarist (after Rick Derringer (yes Rick Derringer was once Weird Al's guitarist))

EDIT: We can call up Jim West, I mean he knows Weird Al, and Weird Al knows everyone, he spoke to Kurt Cobain, so he can probably talk to some good folk and get it back. Most likely not, but its worth a try. I dont wanna call though.
Last edited by yankovicfan3125 at Mar 7, 2009,
Also, who gives? Manny was a bad buisness man, and a faggot. I really don't give a **** about this AT ALL
Quote by Weed
Also, who gives? Manny was a bad buisness man, and a faggot. I really don't give a **** about this AT ALL

No one gives a fuck about you either now shut up and let us have this thread instead of faggots like you trying to turn everything negative.
Quote by yankovicfan3125
No one gives a fuck about you either now shut up and let us have this thread instead of faggots like you trying to turn everything negative.

Don;t even bother, he's a fag troll who needs to go back to /b

Quote by yankovicfan3125

He's Weird Al's guitarist (after Rick Derringer (yes Rick Derringer was once Weird Al's guitarist))

EDIT: We can call up Jim West, I mean he knows Weird Al, and Weird Al knows everyone, he spoke to Kurt Cobain, so he can probably talk to some good folk and get it back. Most likely not, but its worth a try. I dont wanna call though.

We need to start a save Mannys movement
Last edited by Comrade Curry at Mar 7, 2009,
Does anyone else know anyone who could possibly help since I doubt any of us have the power to do so. I'm too young to buy anything or really do anything which is why I'd like to not call anyone.
Quote by yankovicfan3125
Does anyone else know anyone who could possibly help since I doubt any of us have the power to do so. I'm too young to buy anything or really do anything which is why I'd like to not call anyone.

oh yes please. mannys record store is an important cause worthy of my money
Quote by yankovicfan3125

how the hell can you negotiate with kurt cobain?
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by Weed
holy LOL I can't believe this

Go away you fat cow.

I doubt a concert would help at all. It's a store, not a friggin country. We lack all the possible power to get rockstars together. However, I could get my band to play and benefit Manny's if someone like Weird Al started to sponsor a movement. Otherwise I'd be afraid the money would go to waste and people who donated would be let down.
the best part was when manny screamed in horror as i pushed his face into the garbage dispencer
Quote by ihavenoname93
how the hell can you negotiate with kurt cobain?

Haha, I was just saying, Weird Al has connections to a lot of people. I was just saying he once talked to Kurt Cobain, so Al can most likely talk to other peeps. I know he has talked to Led Zeppelin multiple times. And I know a guy who sounds excactly like Robert Plant. His YouTube name is JamesNorthernVA. With a lot of effort this might work.
Quote by yankovicfan3125
Go away you fat cow.

I doubt a concert would help at all. It's a store, not a friggin country. We lack all the possible power to get rockstars together. However, I could get my band to play and benefit Manny's if someone like Weird Al started to sponsor a movement. Otherwise I'd be afraid the money would go to waste and people who donated would be let down.

I'm sure your undoubtedly great bad will generate enough for mannys to be open forever........ hahhh
Quote by Weed
I'm sure your undoubtedly great bad will generate enough for mannys to be open forever........ hahhh

We could easily make a few hundred dollars, and in a benefit like this, all of it helps.
OP, where is the source that said that Manny's is closing? I am not sure if this is true or not there isnt anything really on the internet.
mannys is such an important cause... surely worthy of my money. jesus you people are stupid......... lord
mannys is closing and reopeing under a new name. manny gave me the deed to his company before i raped him because i said it would save his life if he did. Guess if I kept my end of the bargain
Page 1 of 2