I wasn't exactly sure where to post this. Sorry if there's anything like it. I couldn't find anything. Anyway, I got a new guitar today (Ibanez Art300) and it's my first guitar with actives. I'm wondering (these are LoZ, powered by 2 AA's) if it's alright to use lithium batteries like I'd use in a digital camera. If not, what about rechargeables? Any other things I need to know about having them?
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
They have pickups with batteries? Where the **** have I been?

Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
Any kind of battery should be fine, pickups use (comparitively) very little power so even fairly cheap batteries will give you months, even years of life. If you put nice lithium batteries in there you won't have to even think about them for a *long* time.
Okay. My dad told me once to not use lithiums in much else besides my camera because of how powerful they are. I'm just making sure it won't like push my pickups harder or something and **** them up. I don't know. I honestly have no idea how electronics work. XD
The normal ones in there are still good, so whatever. I just want to replace them as little as possible because I have a tendency to strip screws. I wish it had a pop-out compartment like my acoustic.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
Any definite answers to this?
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
EMG recommends alkalines. They know their actives, so I'd say that's the case with you too.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by adamrandall
Okay. My dad told me once to not use lithiums in much else besides my camera because of how powerful they are. I'm just making sure it won't like push my pickups harder or something and **** them up. I don't know. I honestly have no idea how electronics work. XD
The normal ones in there are still good, so whatever. I just want to replace them as little as possible because I have a tendency to strip screws. I wish it had a pop-out compartment like my acoustic.

You won't hurt anything, as I understand it lithium batteries arn't actually more powerful as such, they're just able to maintain their power output much longer than conventional batteries so you won't cook anything
Lithiums might not be a good idea. You can't use them in everything. For example my wireless mouse for my computer. I put lithiums in it thinking it would last longer. All it did was make it not work at all after about 30 minutes of use. I put regular ones back in and it's fine. I hear you aren't supposed to use them in remotes either.