Page 1 of 2
Lately, time has been flying. My freshman year of high school was by far the fastest moving year I've ever had. This is now my soph year, and it's going by even faster. It's the second semester and I still feel like school just started a week ago. I had a small mental crisis a few months ago because of this. Then everything slowed down a bit, but it's still flying. And now the problem has come back again. It's pissing me off. Is this whole time-flying thing something that just happens as you get older?

TL;DR (i don't even know what that stands for, but I know what it means, haha):
Time is flying and I hate it. Why is this happening?
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
I don't know, it depends. My only helpful answer is this: despite how fast everything seems to be moving, you're still at a point in your life where you can do a lot of different things. Don't waste it. If there's something you want to do, but haven't because you're too scared/think you have too much going on/whatever, just do it. Nike that bish, man.

I have some regrets.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by BD 425

TL;DR (i don't even know what that stands for, but I know what it means, haha):
Time is flying and I hate it. Why is this happening?

It means "Too Long;Didn't Read"
try seizing the moment....with a sword
Quote by capsfan17
you think girls are confusing, try eating a refrigirator, now that was confusing
Are you depressed? What do you do in your freetime? I'm a junior, and Fresman year feels like it was yesterday, but oh my god how three years has passed...
Slow down, re-evaluate your life.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
yea dude i know how you feel im a soph now and it seems to go by so fast. It really sucks ive got like two years left of my life then i have to go into the "real" world. I dont know what i want to do either so im not excited to be done with highschool.
Hey man, just calm down. It is quick. It was quick for me. Just have fun. Don't let things get to you. The more you do, the more you can look forward to.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Quote by Da Squiz
Are you depressed? What do you do in your freetime? I'm a junior, and Fresman year feels like it was yesterday, but oh my god how three years has passed...
Slow down, re-evaluate your life.

No I'm not depressed at all. I play guitar in a band, do some sports, hang out with my friends who I love, do stuff at the church.
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by Sublimical
It means "Too Long;Didn't Read"

It's also the only time that most people will ever use a semi-colon; this is very disappointing.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
it's going absurdly quick for me aswell, I'm in my final year of high school and my end of year exams are in october, IM SCARED ****LESS
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Hey, first of all I would try and calm down man. Remember that **** is moving fast now, but you still have the bulk of your life ahead of you(barring any unforeseen incidents lol). It's not like you're running out of time on this earth anytime soon. I'm a first year in college right now living in Los Angeles and it seems like yesterday I was living in Chicago going to high school, so I get what you mean. You just need to go with the flow and enjoy every minute you've got. That way you shouldn't need to worry that time is flying by.

PS. Take comfort in the fact that the Dude abides(hopefully someone will get this).
My Gear:
Custom Fender 62' Reissue Strat
Carvin Custom Shop DC400T
Jackson SL3 Soloist
Fender Super-Sonic 112
Boss GT-10

Quote by XianXiuHong
000-000-000-000-000
PM------------------------

You can now play every Slayer song.
Last edited by bagrm at Mar 7, 2009,
haha same thing happens to me but its nothing to worry about u just gotta live with it
Well I guess part of it is that I'm not a risk-taker at all. Tonight, for example. My parents don't trust my little brother who is easily old enough to stay home alone, but not really mature enough. I shoulda snuck out and hung with one of my buddies who lives kinda near me. But my parents would never trust me again if they found out.
Quote by BD 425
Well I guess part of it is that I'm not a risk-taker at all. Tonight, for example. My parents don't trust my little brother who is easily old enough to stay home alone, but not really mature enough. I shoulda snuck out and hung with one of my buddies who lives kinda near me. But my parents would never trust me again if they found out.

Lose your friends and live all alone. I do it All the cool kids do it!
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
Lose your friends and live all alone. I do it All the cool kids do it!

I love my friends as though they are family.
I know what you mean. Freshmen year went by relatively quick, and this year I feel like I blinked and the year is over in 2 months. I'm doing really poor and I need to make it up but weeks are going by faster and faster.
Time to Time Lived, my friend.

For a child a year is a far larger percentage of their life.
And you're probably under lots of deadlines/stress, time's been flying by for me too D:
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Quote by BD 425
I love my friends as though they are family.

Then make the most of the time you have with them. You won't know them forever.

I only have one or two pretty close friends, neither of whom I see in person anymore. I usually don't mind, but it can get pretty depressing when you have nobody to relate/talk to. So make the most of what you have. It won't make time move any slower, but it'll make it more enjoyable.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Yea its weird, the same thing is happening to me. When I lay down at night to go to sleep it feels like a woke up just an hour earlier. And this school year has gone by really fast. I'm a freshman too.
Quote by VanCamp
Pee on things.

Quote by tukk04
back in black-AC/DC
because maybe it'd revive me instantly
i just hope i don't come back black

My Gear
Epiphone SG
Roland 15 Watt Cube Amp
Samick J-2 Acoustic
smoke alot of pot slows things down, till you run out. then u need more only a temporary fix...
Divine creations now destroyed to uncover the haunted atmosphere
Strange visions of the ancient spirits, travesty of man appears
Coldness and the storming winds lurking for prey
The forces of the Winter reign in dreadful way, there's no escape
every day seems pretty long to me. work and school take up spare time...in retrospect, it seems to fly by.

I wish it would speed up, at least for a couple of months...auuggghhhh.

anyway, buck up. it's just your mozg.
you are a boring uninteresting turd and nobody cares or wants to read/heard what you have to write/say
I hear you guys,. I can see the end of my undergrad coming up, and I really can't imagine being happy and going into the working world right now.
wait until junior and senior year. They go reaaaaaaaaaallly slow, which is a lot worse
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by WOODY_B
yea dude i know how you feel im a soph now and it seems to go by so fast. It really sucks ive got like two years left of my life then i have to go into the "real" world. I dont know what i want to do either so im not excited to be done with highschool.

Quote by The_Paranoia
I know what you mean. Freshmen year went by relatively quick, and this year I feel like I blinked and the year is over in 2 months. I'm doing really poor and I need to make it up but weeks are going by faster and faster.

+1 million to both these, specially the doing really poorly part. I just noticed the other day how fast my sophomore year is going. Its also really scary to think of all that is coming soon, first and foremost a car and college.
Last edited by Bentheemo at Mar 7, 2009,
I threw a clock once, does that count?
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Quote by Karvid
It's also the only time that most people will ever use a semi-colon; this is very disappointing.

icwatudidthere

You are right though, not many people actually know when to use a semi-colon.

I've been typing about semi-colons for a while; now i forgot what this thread is about...

EDIT: i remember now... it's about time flying

I feel the same way as OP on this; my freshman year went by crazy fast, and now my Sophomore year is going by even faster
Last edited by Killedelphia19 at Mar 7, 2009,
This is happening to me too...I felt like it was just yesterday that this year (junior) began and now it's almost over.

ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then the one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
And racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in the relative way, but you're older
And shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

No matter the situation, it seems to me that every year goes by faster than the last.
From what I've heard 8th and 10th grade go the fastest. Although I'm not in 10th grade yet 8th went fast as hell.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Page 1 of 2