Hi, im wondering what would be better to get first. I am looking at buying a fuzz face but I have no idea which to get. I am also looking at pickups and I dont know what to get with those either. I have an epiphone les paul standard and a vox valve tronxx 30 watt. I play classic rock and bles mainly and a little bit of early metal. I play lots of hendrix led zeppelin acdc and rolling stones
Last edited by liamdude555 at Mar 7, 2009,
i would honestly just save the money for when you want to buy something more substantial. neither of those are really necessary right now, i dont think you would benefit greatly from either.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
As such, his current amp is great for practicing at home (for the genres he mentioned...)

Do you like how your guitar sounds right now?
What pickups does it have?

If you like it as of now, i'd say go with fuzzface.
if you're playing lots of hendrix and zeppelin, i'd get a fuzz. You can always use it on a new amp if you end up getting one later

Which one depends on what you're willing to spend
How did I know everyone would be telling him to save for a new amp?

For God's sake, people. He didn't ask about an amp, and he knows what he wants better than you do.

TS- I'd say go for the Fuzz Face, but you might like to try a few other fuzz pedals at the same time.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666

That's all people ever do...

TS: Guys, i have a blister on my special areas...
UG: Dude, you need a new amp, you'll never get good tones outta yours!

Anyway, TS, you can get some pretty decent fuzz setting on that amp as well.
Have you tried those?
Quote by shadow__666

For God's sake, people. He didn't ask about an amp, and he knows what he wants better than you do.

TS- I'd say go for the Fuzz Face, but you might like to try a few other fuzz pedals at the same time.

i didnt tell him to get a new amp.
i told him to save up his money for the day that he decides to buy something more substantial, because what he has now is great for playing what he plays.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.