i have a new halfstack, and i was wondering if it is possible to use my old 2 12 combo as another cab, like...somehow bypass the pre amp and use only the speakers?
Yes, it is possible on some amps. You have to check the back of the amp to see if you can unplug the "head" from it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
It's not ideal. If it's not the right ohms it will have to be wired right. Remember when you plug two cabs up it will no longer be the ohms you see on the head. For example... If you use two 16 ohm cabs you set your head to 8 ohms. You don't set them all to 8 ohms. Not sure if you knew that just telling you. So see if you can get it the same ohms as your other cab and then cut it in half on your head.
Quote by guitarockstar99
how would i go about doing that?

Well if you don't see it then it probably won't do it. Some are wired in and not "plugged" in. In which you'd have to run the wires into a jack and you'd probably have to pay someone to do that if you don't know how. Then you must know what ohms it is running. I wouldn't do it. If you got a half stack that's enough anyway. Keep your combo as a practice amp and don't unplug it.