I've narrowed it down to these three amps, one thing you may notice is that they are all very versatile. I play classic rock, 80's metal (glam to thrash), modern punk, modern metal, and hard rock. All of these will be with a MXR 10-band EQ, so I can fine tune the sweet spots.

I'd just like your opinion on these three amps, all are within the same price range.
Ha, I like how you are considering a 60 watt amp, a 30 watt amp, and a 5 watt amp. Will you use the amp for gigging/playing with a band or just practicing?
The Rig
Gibson Flying V
Blackstar HT-5 Stack
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR GT-OD
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by Gibson V
Ha, I like how you are considering a 60 watt amp, a 30 watt amp, and a 5 watt amp. Will you use the amp for gigging/playing with a band or just practicing?

The loudest it will be with is playing with a drummer/band, but thats rarely. The Vypyr sounded great at lower volumes, all that power isn't necessary, but it's the only tubed vypypr, and it sounds A LOT better then its SS counterparts.
Quote by SchecterZV
The loudest it will be with is playing with a drummer/band, but thats rarely. The Vypyr sounded great at lower volumes, all that power isn't necessary, but it's the only tubed vypypr, and it sounds A LOT better then its SS counterparts.

Agreed. As most people here know I'm crazy about it. I own one myself. It sounds awesome at low volume and high volume. I haven't touched my high gain stacks since I've bought the thing. It has some amazing tone. Really it's a good thing it's 60 watts it give it a very powerful sound and killer low end. It wouldn't be as cool if it was lower wattage. But basically if you want to play with lower volume they've worked out a system. All you do is turn your post gain up where you want it and use the master volume as your volume control.

Now if you want to play loud with the band simply turn your master volume all the way up and use your post gain as your volume.

Also hooking a 4x12 cab up to this thing sounds awesome too. I did that with the band and it was really loud. All those speakers blowing makes it seem much louder than the 1x12 anyway...

It's pretty cool to get the same tone I get out of my real 6505 out of a combo in my bedroom. Plus it has the same exact power section as the 6505. Built the same. Check peaveys website for more info on that. The all tube power amp makes a huge difference.

Classic 30 is a fine amp. Honestly I'd prefer the vypyr over it anyday though. I mean I like it it's just never impressed me. the vypyr is amazing. I still am in shock you can get tone like that for 479 bucks honestly.
Vypyr. I have the 75w SS model, and it sounds GREAT! I've heard the tube version is even better.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The HT-5 probably won't be loud enough to jam with a drummer unless he plays pretty soft.

I really like my C30, I didn't think I'd like it this much, but it does everything nicely (yes, even metal). The Vyper is good if you need effects, probably gets a more saturated high-gain sound by itself (but you have an EQ), but the C30 is pure tone.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Mar 8, 2009,