Okay, so I can't seem to leave well enough alone (but who doesn't have that problem). I've decided that it might look pretty cool to fashion a SMALL pickguard in a unique shape for my guitar (a MusicMan Axis Super Sport Rosewood model by the way, wonderful guitar). I made a crude picture of the guitar and samples of the colors of material that look the best to me. I'm not sure which color I'd like to go with and thought I'd get some opinions from all you crazy UG'ers out there. Thanks.
Attachments:
pickguardchoices.jpg
Are you sure you want a pickguard on that?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
maybe like a les paul style one i think white would look the best because its very open to the colour of the guitar. what kind fo style of pickguard were you thinking?
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
I was really thinking of something small, sort of in the les paul fashion, but in a funky shape. I don't know if I'm actually going to go through with it yet, just tossing around random thoughts.
im sorry, the finish on that is just too beautiful to attach a pickguard.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
if you do go with a pickguard i think some kind of funky tear drop shape would look nice with the white guard in the picture
Heck no, don't touch that finish. . .
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by properpat
I was really thinking of something small, sort of in the les paul fashion, but in a funky shape. I don't know if I'm actually going to go through with it yet, just tossing around random thoughts.

try a les paul style, SG shaped pickguard with the gray marble.

personally tho, i like it clean.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Man, people get vicious on here! But that's okay, people are entitled to their opinions. Just to ease a few minds, I have no intention of drilling into the top of the guitar IF I decide to put a pickguard on it. I'd most likely get some of those L shaped mounting brackets and modify them to be drilled in next to the pickups (it makes sense in my head, trust me) so I don't damage the top. And furthermore, I'd only be adding one to protect that gorgeous finish from my rather aggressive playing. But I digress...