This interview is from 2006 so I hope that no one has already posted about this.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7948002143722618643

About 50 seconds in the god of heavy metal, Ronnie James Dio conveys his thoughts saying that Europe in general is much better than America to play in. He says America is very fad driven and mentions often his dislike for American Idol.

Thoughts/opinions?

I agree with him but I am very saddened by this fact. The general population is not about rocking anymore. I hope he knows that there are still fans here in America and doesn't give up on us and never tour again here.

We love you Dio. Don't hate everyone in America!
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
That's because rock isn't the only genre of music out there.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I am glad and I agree with him totally. It's not because I share his ideals or enjoy his music, but because the thought of him not performing here anymore makes me sleep better at night.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Oh no! An opinion! Oh my gosh!

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
So.....? If you ask me I think metal is fad driven so what ever.....

And Dio isnt even that good.....
We got some coolguys in here tonight. Anyway, I kinda agree with him. It's one thing if people like the music, it's another when people stop liking a genre when it's out of style.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Yes, Dio is ****ing godly, but his opinion still doesn't mean shit.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Last edited by ewp805 at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote by BlackandSilver
We got some coolguys in here tonight. Anyway, I kinda agree with him. It's one thing if people like the music, it's another when people stop liking a genre when it's out of style.

Cool guys, huh? Did I make the cut?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by A Bad Guitarist
Dio is probably the most accurate music critic in teh world, seeing as only his opinion matters.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHhhhh
I was asking what you thought about music in America not what you thought about Dio.
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
Quote by BlackandSilver

Thanks man.
Quote by atlasguitar
I was asking what you thought about music in America not what you thought about Dio.

Well in that case, it's the same as it has always been (well, to an extent): It depends on your taste and how willing you are to look for stuff. I will tell you that automatically dismissing everything as crap is beyond stupid though
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Quote by BlackandSilver

Thank you!
Music in America is superior to everywhere else because we're the only country that matters.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana