I'm probably going to buy a Schecter Hellraiser for my bday next month, but was wondering... What do you guys think about em? Good quality and stuff?
I wouldn't buy it without playing it first; their necks just aren't for everyone... i know i don't like 'em Not a bad guitar for the price though
yes..thin fretboard, thick neck...i've had 3 schecters including a hellraiser...good guitars but i really dont like the neck...i only have my exotic star because my gf bought it for me..but it get played the least....play it before you buy
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
I thick the necks on Schecters are awesome. Perfect for me. Try before you buy though.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Blackjack ATX> Hellraiser
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™

i'll definitely agree with that
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
I was also looking at those... Any reasons why you prefer those? Would it be the blackouts? If so, why?
Quote by Generak777
I was also looking at those... Any reasons why you prefer those? Would it be the blackouts? If so, why?

blackout, blackout, BLACKOUT!!!!!!!!...enough said
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
the blackout along is enough of a excuse to get the blackjack, other thn that it doesn't have the flamboyant gothic cross fret dressing, at least that's not my cup of tea.
Quote by twinturboaudi
blackout, blackout, BLACKOUT!!!!!!!!...enough said

Haha, not enough Any reasons why?
The Hellraisers are awesome IMO. I plan on eventually buying a C-7.
Gear:
2000 Gibson Gothic Explorer w/ EMG 81/60 @ 18v
Marshall MG100HDFX half-stack

My band!
the blackout is the best sounding active pickup out there (personal opinion), when i had my hellraiser i took out the emg's and put blackouts in...much much better sound, just an awesome metal tone comes out of them..which is why i replaced the emg's in my ax-400 with blackouts and bought an alexi 600 with a blackout
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by twinturboaudi
the blackout is the best sounding active pickup out there (personal opinion), when i had my hellraiser i took out the emg's and put blackouts in...much much better sound, just an awesome metal tone comes out of them..which is why i replaced the emg's in my ax-400 with blackouts and bought an alexi 600 with a blackout

You'd think someone would want some variety with their guitars.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Quote by KiraIBZ
You'd think someone would want some variety with their guitars.

really?...you really just said that?...lets see...a fixed tail with blackouts for downtuning on the fly and without hassle, a floyd rose guitar with a blackout for awesome screams and whammy's...a fixed tail with super rocker II pickups and coil tapped for 80's metal and really decent cleans when pulled, a 7 string guitar for those times when you really need that low b....and a podx3 to get me any sound i could possibly want...ya maybe i should have more variety
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by twinturboaudi
really?...you really just said that?...lets see...a fixed tail with blackouts for downtuning on the fly and without hassle, a floyd rose guitar with a blackout for awesome screams and whammy's...a fixed tail with super rocker II pickups and coil tapped for 80's metal and really decent cleans when pulled, a 7 string guitar for those times when you really need that low b....and a podx3 to get me any sound i could possibly want...ya maybe i should have more variety

There's nothing wrong with consistent pickup tone with different guitar characteristics and features IMO

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
There's nothing wrong with consistent pickup tone with different guitar characteristics and features IMO

very good sir...i almost forgot..mahogany and alder body which WILL and DOES give off different tones when using blackouts
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Alright, thanks guys. I really wanna try out the Blackjack ATX now
Quote by Kanthras
Awww, that tiny wittle head looks adorable on that cab..

*Krank amp turns on*

AAAAAUUGHHH TEH CRUSHING OVERDRIVE aSDJKANHFUILGN
It was either a new ATX or used RR24.

I got the RR24. If not for the situations, I would've totally gotten an ATX. But Randy Rhoads is my hero, so yea. :p
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™
It was either a new ATX or used RR24.

I got the RR24. If not for the situations, I would've totally gotten an ATX. But Randy Rhoads is my hero, so yea. :p

nice..i had one but got rid of it for an rr1...which i recently got rid of for an alexi 600...personally i feel the alexi plays much better...how do you like yours?
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by Snake™

except for the stupid "power" fretboard inlay.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain