i went paint balling today and it was awesome. it didn't even hurt because the guns were at 290 FPS. so my brothers friend wants to make one so we can raise the FPS and play whenever and for as long as we want. i dont know how much land he has but its easily over 5 acres. we can make it easy. we just want to make it unique. not just have barrels, trees, wood, and trenches.
any suggestions to making it unique. i don't think we put a house or building there but who knows. we might put lights so we can play at night and i would like to but doors on some walls and probably some see through cover. anything that would be cool, pit. once we make it i'll post pics. thanks for the help.
Cardboard boxes and trees.
At the end of the day...
Prepare to kill
everyone.
midgets with airsoft guns in cowboy suits
everything purple tastes like grape
everything blue tastes like blueberry
everything pink tastes like watermelon
everything red tastes like strawberry
everything orange tastes like orange
everything yellow tastes like lemon
Quote by pwnagegnome
midgets with airsoft guns in cowboy suits

nice
up for adoption

How am I in bed you ask?

Quote by metaldud536
Shallow and pedantic

Try using real guns. You'll be finding cover a lot faster, trust me.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
build like

a treehouse.

damn, that'd be cool.

EDIT: then you could play king of the hill, where one person tries to defend the treehouse, and other people try to capture it.

Double Edit: you could also have a little fort around the base of the treehouse, so people don't get shot climbing up and down the ladder.
Last edited by Babbs at Mar 7, 2009,
Quote by The_Paranoia
If you don't want barrels, trees or wood what can you use for cover? Find like, a broken car or something.

that would be a cool idea, get a burnt out old car and use that

plus put in a couple of mounted highpower water cannons or something so that you can have seige style battles.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
uhmmm it is illegal to fire a paintball gun over 300fps. safety goggles are not all designed to take the force of a paintball traveling over 300 fps. soo.... keep em at 300. anyways, try to get some sandbags, and put them between trees. build up some sticks and do something similar. if you wanna get serious ask the guys at www.pbnation.com
Quote by The_Paranoia
Find like, a broken car or something.

This. I'd also use stuff like jersey barriers, corrugated metal, railroad ties, and stuff like that.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.

you need one of those, a ****ing tank to drive around in, click the picture to buy it.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
what if we put alot of mirrors(not the ones that break easily) just to like confuse guys with the reflections. we can put a car and probably will make some forts. i was thinking like 2 above ground connected by a long bridge with just a rail and no cover. as i said i'm trying to make it unique and special.
i always imagined some underground tunnels/maze connecting maybe 2 or 3 'bases' would be awsome, though obviously that would be a tricky to make :P
Quote by rockerskater12
what if we put alot of mirrors(not the ones that break easily) just to like confuse guys with the reflections. we can put a car and probably will make some forts. i was thinking like 2 above ground connected by a long bridge with just a rail and no cover. as i said i'm trying to make it unique and special.

if you want to make it unique. seriously, get an old car, and turn it into a tank. all you need to do is fit wood over the windows with firing slits in it, and hey presto, you have a tank.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
If you have a lot of time, make ACTUAL bases, and play hardcore games of capure the flag.
tunnels would be ****ing sick, make them random places and hide the entrances so people have to find them.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
Make a full scale replica of the blood gulch level from halo
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Recreate the Seelow Hieghts map from Call of Duty. Have like a few bases at one end, big hill with tunnel through the center + some trenches and some more bases at the other end. You also HAVE to have like wheat or tall grass or something like that. Old cars are also cool.
Quote by Dudemonkguy
uhmmm it is illegal to fire a paintball gun over 300fps. safety goggles are not all designed to take the force of a paintball traveling over 300 fps. soo.... keep em at 300. anyways, try to get some sandbags, and put them between trees. build up some sticks and do something similar. if you wanna get serious ask the guys at www.pbnation.com

It's not necessarily illegal, just retarded.

Paintballs are designed to fire at around 275-300 FPS. Any further is not only a danger, it can ruin your gun (chopping paint, internal pressure issues). Besides, try aiming at something and firing a paintball at 330 FPS. You wouldn't be able to hit a target or have a decent shot spread, anyway.

If you're looking for bunker ideas, here's a few options:

- If you're into woodsball, you can use almost anything to create a bunker. Pallets, plywood, trees, brush, anything. There isn't really any limit to what makes a decent bunker. A visit to a junkyard might find you treasure at a fraction of what it would cost otherwise. Grab a few shovels and start making trenches. Anything goes.

- If you have money to throw around, there are a few options for creating your own speedball course, complete with air bunkers. A google search will find you air bunkers of various sizes and shapes (dorito, snake, car wash, etc.). These are usually purpose-made for paintball, and the prices can reflect that.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Last edited by graybass_20x6 at Mar 8, 2009,
You divide it up into two sides.

On one side, you place an airstrike with 5 tons of paintballs at the ready, stored in an underground warehouse, 20 autoturrets, an ammunition storehouse, protective shielding, a long range missile launcher, 30 kamikazie cars loaded with paintball bombs and an intensified laser mounted on the moon to have it's beam be instantly converted to paintballs once piercing Earth's atmosphere.

On the other side, you have Chuck Norris with a paper towel and some watercolors.
Quote by MetaMegaMagic
You divide it up into two sides.

On one side, you place an airstrike with 5 tons of paintballs at the ready, stored in an underground warehouse, 20 autoturrets, an ammunition storehouse, protective shielding, a long range missile launcher, 30 kamikazie cars loaded with paintball bombs and an intensified laser mounted on the moon to have it's beam be instantly converted to paintballs once piercing Earth's atmosphere.

On the other side, you have Chuck Norris with a paper towel and some watercolors.

i like this guy
signed,
your favorite poster
BE ABSOLUTELY SURE to put up signs around the area. something like "paintballers in area! keep out! private property!" or something like that.

i'm not joking at all. markers look scarily like guns at a distance. you do NOT want the police coming in and aiming at you just because they think you're trying to kill each other.

in short, just be careful about location and stuff. the actual setup can come later.

also, it'll cost quite a bit unless you can get good plywood at reasonably cheap prices. a trip to the local dump wouldn't hurt either, for old tires and stuff.

in short, just take inspiration from what you saw at the place. be advised however that it may not happen eventually - i went through the phase of wanting to build a paintball field for quite a while and eventually just said "screw it, i'm jobless and can't get materials".
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
You should have like a 5 map sort of thing like a paintball place i went to. It was pretty much like an invasion Normandy thing with Americans vs Germans
You have a defending team and and atacking team. And you have a number of 'stages' or 'areas' and the defending team has all of the areas except for 1 of them and the attacknig team has to progress through the areas until they get to the 'castle'. So the whole place will be like-
]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
]Area 1 | Area 2 | Area 3 | Area 4 |
]Forest | Forest/Grass and hedges | Trenches/Bunkers | Forified Hill/City/Defender HQ |
]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well the picture didn't turn out right but the whole map is just like a big rectangle with different terrain types
Last edited by sean_etc at Mar 8, 2009,
Quote by turtlemcdoogle
Make a full scale replica of the blood gulch level from halo

You win.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.