I was going to build a solidbody electric with 1 single coil pickup, and I was wondering how i should wire it. I was also wanted to know if you can have a guitar without tone or volume controls for the pickup(s). Thanks
Yeah. But its not like its scary to add on tone pots and volume knobs.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
I'm not afraid to put them in or anything, I was just wondering if it was possible. Thanks for the quick answers
put a vol and tone pot in anyway, your telling me you'll never adjust the volume or tone on your guitar?
just wire the pickup straight to the jack.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by guitarcam123
put a vol and tone pot in anyway, your telling me you'll never adjust the volume or tone on your guitar?

That's what pedals are for silly.
but would you rather 2 small pots in your guitar or a massive volume pedal and a tone pedal, i know which one i'd rather
Quote by guitarcam123
but would you rather 2 small pots in your guitar or a massive volume pedal and a tone pedal, i know which one i'd rather

I'd rather have a guitar that emits gamma radiation when I play loud enough.

1. Use the searchbar.
2. Use the searchbar.
3. Wire the pup straight to the jack.
4. This'll sound annoyinly trebly because the pots won't be loading down the signal. You prolly won't like the sound.
5. ????
6. There is no profit.
well, nile doesnt have volume or tone knobs..
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
yeah but do you have the tone all the way up or down? If you have it at either of them you are using it
At least put a 2 way switch on there so you can just switch off your volume. But seriously, not having a volume knob would fail.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I'm thinking of just putting a volume control and a killswitch in. It's just a project made out of spare parts I have laying around.