I have a Breedlove Pro D25/SRH that I bought a few months ago. The day I got it home, I noticed it had a slight buzz whenever I play a D. It's most pronounced on an open D string, but any D seems to do it. It seems like the buzz originates near the bridge.

Nothing seems unglued or loose (not that I have noticed, anyway), I've wiggled all the internal wiring, restrung the guitar repeatedly, cleaned under the saddle, etc., but I can't seem to get rid of this. I'd really like to avoid having to ship it back to Oregon for Breedlove to deal with.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks,
-John
Lightly lay a finger on the D string between the tuner and the nut, and see if it still does it. If that fixes it a new nut might be in order. I wish I could answer why, but sometimes the way the grooves are cut just seems to do that. You might could try smoothing it out or something; I've had guitars fixed with the same issue but I never really asked how the repair was done.

Good luck
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quote by millerdrr
Lightly lay a finger on the D string between the tuner and the nut, and see if it still does it. If that fixes it a new nut might be in order. I wish I could answer why, but sometimes the way the grooves are cut just seems to do that. You might could try smoothing it out or something; I've had guitars fixed with the same issue but I never really asked how the repair was done.

Good luck

Just tried that - didn't work.
I tightened up the bridge truss a bit and wiggled all the wires around again last night, but that still didn't fix it. Right now, I've got the bridge truss tightened so the dowel is somewhat difficult to turn with my fingertips, but where I can still definitely twist it.

I feel like the wiring is the most likely culprit (just a hunch), but I don't know what else to do about it. Is it possible the little wire holder things inside there are positioned such that it would fix it to remove them and put in new ones in slightly different positions? Maybe the distance between two of them is just right that it's leading one of the wires to resonate?