Okay what's the difference in sound between playing this arpeggio shape of F Chord vs the Arpeggiating the F Barre Chord? Also, which is easier and of greater practical use to shred? Lastly, which would you prefer?

E||--1----------------------------------1----||
B||--1-----------------------------1---------||
G||--2------------------------2--------------||
D||--3-------------------3-------------------||
A||--3---------0----3------------------------||
E||--1----1----------------------------------||
The answers to your questions are as follows...

1. There is no answer
2. There is no answer
3. There is no answer

Play them yourself and figure out which of them you prefer. Your questions are ridiculously vague and subjective.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
my guitars are in the shop

Oh and I found out the answer to the 1st question timbre and the thickness of the string, I guess im gonna have to start using thicker strings .
if your arpeggiating both they will sound the same.

edit : for all conventional sake anyways.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Order of the notes.

Arpeggio shapes almost always have "the right order" of the notes beings played, thus being it easier to play for instance jazz with, cause well it's easy to map, if you know it goes: R, 3rd, 5th, 7th. or something like that.

Arpeggio shapes also have a better continuity when played arpeggiated, where a barre chord doesn't.

Of course if you play a sweep barre style, because of the speed of the notes, it blurs together, still giving a sense of unity.

At slower speeds arpeggiating a barre shape is totally illogical really

A Minor barre chord goes in the order; R, 5th, R (octave), min3rd, 5th, root. so that's a bit illogical, especially with the 5th twice and the min3rd just once and the root 3 times.

Learn arpeggio shapes TS, and by this I mean learn in the order of how they are build.

CM7, map it out like, R, M3, P5, M7 then the next octave, and repeat the same order.

If you learn this, over time you will easier memorize and visualize where the intervals are, because it follows a logical pattern.

Also changing intervals is easier. Want to play a Cm7 shape, then every 2nd and 4th note in every octave is lowered a half step, and you play a perfectly fine m7 arpeggio in 3 octaves.

Do you want to play a CM7 - Dm7 arpeggio, play the shape for CM7, then the shape for Cm7 but 2 steps higher.

Logic makes alot of things 10 times easier to remember. This goes for most stuff.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 8, 2009,