Page 1 of 2
If you are aware of the band The Number Twelve Looks Like You then you may also know that they have a new album called Worse Than Alone coming out on March 10th and too be honest I've already downloaded it. Now I haven't listened to every song all the way through, however I can already tell it is not as good as it's predecessor Mongrel. There just seems to be less melodic and more straight forward Hardcore. But when I reached song five, titled "The Garden's All Nighters", I was blown away. Definitely worth buying (or downloading) the album because it is a good listen and they do follow a strong mathcore sound. So with that being said, please discuss the following:

• Are You Excited For The Album
  • Have You Already Heard It
  • Never Heard Of The Band
  • Questions About Album
  • Link To Download
I heard of this band once or twice, AWHILE ago, but i never took the time to check em out. Perchance ill do that one of these days.
Great band. I'll purchase it when it comes out. I barely got into them and got a couple of tracks off of Put On Your Rosy Red Glasses, An Inch of Gold for an Inch of Time, and all of Nuclear.Sad.Nuclear.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by saxaxe
The new music is incredible, but there's already a thread on em.

Oh, whoops. I'll make better use of the search bar I guess.
Well, I decided to check this out. I didn't like Mongrel so I was a bit skeptical, but it's pretty good. It's obviously an album that takes more than a few listens to really get into, but I like the melodic aspect of it.

I think with this band, the vocals either make or break it. I still can't decide if I like them or not and I've listened to these guys for years.
Quote by adtthosa
Well, I decided to check this out. I didn't like Mongrel so I was a bit skeptical, but it's pretty good. It's obviously an album that takes more than a few listens to really get into, but I like the melodic aspect of it.

I think with this band, the vocals either make or break it. I still can't decide if I like them or not and I've listened to these guys for years.

I think the vocals are pretty awesome... When I first started listening to these guys (before I even got into screaming music), it was a really hard listen for me. I hated Put on Your Rosy Red Glasses because of the screaming. Now that I'm used to screaming and such, I actually think the the screams on that album are some the best I've heard. Sure, there were a few placed in bad spots (like screaming on the clean parts.. I'm all for variety, but it didn't fit well), but during the breakdowns, they are mindblowing.

That all being said, I liked Mongrel, but the production to me seemed a bit iffy, and the screams were a little weak. Definitely gotta check this album out.
Last edited by Dregen at Mar 9, 2009,
Quote by MustangMan311
How can you possibly say that this album is less melodic? You OBVIOUSLY have not listened to this. This is the most melodic album the band has put out yet.

My review: http://codyrogers.blogspot.com/2009/03/number-12-looks-like-you-worse-than.html

Like I said I hadn't listened to every song all the way through, but from what I listened to with a few exceptions it wasn't as melodic as some of their other songs, however I'm gonna have a full play through the album today and decide on a final opinion. I do very much enjoy what I've heard so far though.
Ive listened to the whole album so far I think its ok so far but thats what i thought of Mongrel at first and Mongrel has easily become on of my favorite albums of all time. Im guessing this album will grow on me like all the other. The singing they do on here turns me off a little bit. My favorite songs are "The Gardens All Nighters" and "If They Holler Don't Let Go". I'm definitely gonna pick it up once it comes out.
This band is so ridiculously underestimated. They're all damn good musicians. The drums in El Pinata De La Muerte are incredible, as are the guitars on Grandfather.
Quote by MustangMan311
How can you possibly say that this album is less melodic? You OBVIOUSLY have not listened to this. This is the most melodic album the band has put out yet.

My review: http://codyrogers.blogspot.com/2009/03/number-12-looks-like-you-worse-than.html

You have a blog?

<.<

>.>

My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Sweet, the talent show vid. Sounds pretty awesome. Haha Emily recorded that?

Why does it say everywhere that you guys mostly write breakdowns and stuff, though? Everything I've heard from Didact (caught the reference, of course) is more classic rock/bluesy. Are Dan and Brandon actually into metal? They never struck me as the type.

And geez, you're like some sort of professional music reviewer...
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Sweet, the talent show vid. Sounds pretty awesome. Haha Emily recorded that?

Why does it say everywhere that you guys mostly write breakdowns and stuff, though? Everything I've heard from Didact (caught the reference, of course) is more classic rock/bluesy. Are Dan and Brandon actually into metal? They never struck me as the type.

And geez, you're like some sort of professional music reviewer...

Haha, yeah, Emily did that. Surprisingly.

Anyway, are you talking about the BTBAM reference? Haha. We have three songs? With breakdowns, one with Garrett Crawford doing screaming vocals, one that's really nu-metalish, and one that's really Southern, which is one we're currently recording. Dan and Brandon enjoy some Bullet For My Valentine and Killswitch, but me and Matt are really the ones into BTBAM and everything. We're trying to convert thtem. Haha. Also dude, we're hopefully going to be playing some shows at M&M Billiards in a few weeks, so you should come check us out.

And yeah, I try. Hopefully I can get a gig with a reviewing site eventually. The blog is pretty much going to be my reviewing portfolio. Ha.
Anyway, are you talking about the BTBAM reference?

Yes.

Also dude, we're hopefully going to be playing some shows at M&M Billiards in a few weeks, so you should come check us out.

What? Haha I've been there, I have no idea where they're going to have room for a band to play haha. But yeah, that's be pretty cool, just tell me when it's happening.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by MustangMan311
Haha, yeah, Emily did that. Surprisingly.

Anyway, are you talking about the BTBAM reference? Haha. We have three songs? With breakdowns, one with Garrett Crawford doing screaming vocals, one that's really nu-metalish, and one that's really Southern, which is one we're currently recording. Dan and Brandon enjoy some Bullet For My Valentine and Killswitch, but me and Matt are really the ones into BTBAM and everything. We're trying to convert thtem. Haha. Also dude, we're hopefully going to be playing some shows at M&M Billiards in a few weeks, so you should come check us out.

And yeah, I try. Hopefully I can get a gig with a reviewing site eventually. The blog is pretty much going to be my reviewing portfolio. Ha.

If you wanna get a gig writing for a site, check out freshzive.com
I know some people who write for the site and I think they're always lookin for new writers. They've gotten some good interviews too haha. I got to interview Circa Survive and Dear and the Headlights.
Quote by saxaxe
If you wanna get a gig writing for a site, check out freshzive.com
I know some people who write for the site and I think they're always lookin for new writers. They've gotten some good interviews too haha. I got to interview Circa Survive and Dear and the Headlights.

I'll check that out, dude. I appreciate the suggestion. It's sites like that and Decoy Music that I'm really wanting to join.
Albums definitly different, they have a lot more dynamics than the others. And A LOT of singing. I cant tell if im gunna love it or completely hate it yet. I'll have to listen to it a few more times. Also the most well produced and professional of thier albums. Almost feels like thier shooting for mainstreem.
Last edited by Noremak at Mar 10, 2009,
I think I may pick up this album today. Or on Thursday after payday. I'm not a huge fan of them yet, but I like their style and there's a small handful of their songs I quite like.
The jazzy bit in "The Garden's All Nighters" is fantastic. This is one of my favorite bands, and it's a shame that they don't get the recognition they deserve. They're all incredibly talented.
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Last edited by Born_to_shred at Mar 10, 2009,
I enjoyed this album. I appreciate that they change every time, and this CD kicks so much ass. Not sure if this is my favorite yet, but its pretty damn good.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Quote by Born_to_shred
The jazzy bit in "The Garden's All Nighters" is fantastic. This is one of my favorite bands, and it's a shame that they don't get the recognition they deserve. They're all incredibly talented.

Yeah that is my favorite part of the whole album as well favorite song. It sucks that they didn't end up doing a split EP with The Fall Of Troy, because that would of been crown. Damn record contracts...
I loved this album from the first listen. I've been a huge fan of theirs, and this record is definitely not a let down, it actually surpassed my expectations quite a bit, when I thought they couldn't get much better.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
This new cd is terrible. They've gone downhill so much. Mongrel had a few tolerable songs in it but as a whole wasn't good.

...you're....you're being sarcastic, right?
Quote by saxaxe
Wow. I think Mongrel is their best album without question.

+1

Nuclear. Sad. Nuclear is the worst, imo. Its only got a couple good songs and the rest is meh.

Everything else is fookin great though
Quote by saxaxe
Wow. I think Mongrel is their best album without question.

I agree here, it sounds like he enjoys the more generic, early crap they did. Mongrel incorporated multiple styles through many songs and created unique rhythms and melodies which is why I loved it.
Put on Your Rosey Red Glasses was the closest thing to generic they had, and i still cant find anything that sounds like it
Quote by saxaxe
I wouldn't say anything they did was generic in any way, really.

To me it was because I've heard a lot of similar bands to them, but it seemed like they became more diverse in their style over time.
Quote by saxaxe
^Like who?
I'm not asking to be a dick, I just want to know so I can listen to them haha

Oh ok man, let me think

Circle Takes The Square

The Fall Of Troy

Heavy Heavy Low Low

Psyopus

War From A Harlot's Mouth

Into The Moat

The Locust

Daughters