Yes, and why?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Why would you want to get worse at anything?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
Quote by The_Sophist
Why would you want to get worse at anything?

You might want to get worse at gay sex?

I don't think it is possible. You can play bad on purpose, but you can't really unlearn stuff.
Gear:
Epiphone Vintage G-400
Agile AL-2000
Amp:
Peavey Valveking 112
Pedals:
Digitech RP50
Morley Bad Horsie
Deltalab TD-1 Tube Driver
Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
Quote by MegaCutMan
I don't think it is possible...you can't really unlearn stuff.

And I kind of hope you're wrong.
couldnt you......like train yourself out of bad habits?

I dont know about unlearning scales and **** though.
Since your being unreasonably secretive, your either looking for attention or a horrible communicator. If it is option one, no one cares. If it's option two, then I'm going to assume you found a flaw in your playing and want to correct it, which I can probably help with.

Either way I need more information.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
Now that I think about....you can forget things. I don't think that should count as unlearning though. As far as unlearning an instrument goes, the only way it is possible is through time. Maybe years of not playing the instrument might work.
Gear:
Epiphone Vintage G-400
Agile AL-2000
Amp:
Peavey Valveking 112
Pedals:
Digitech RP50
Morley Bad Horsie
Deltalab TD-1 Tube Driver
Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
Quote by The_Sophist
Since your being unreasonably secretive, your either looking for attention or a horrible communicator. If it is option one, no one cares. If it's option two, then I'm going to assume you found a flaw in your playing and want to correct it, which I can probably help with.

Either way I need more information.

Well, my favorite band consisted of self-proclaimed non-musicians. I'm starting to believe how well you can play determines what kind of music you create.
Quote by Saif Mehdi
Well, my favorite band consisted of self-proclaimed non-musicians. I'm starting to believe how well you can play determines what kind of music you create.

And once you learn "not to be a musician", have you not just learned to be a musician?

Your "non-musician" idols are musicians. They've simply taught themselves; whether they play dissonant noise or layered classical, they must have learned (completely unarguable); therefore, you need to do the same. Wanting "unlearn" is an inappropriate response to this situation (it's also absurd, but you probably knew that when you decided to make a thread for the sole purpose of advertising how intriguing your musical tastes are).
Quote by Saif Mehdi

you can't unlearn.

most "non-musicians" are nothing of the sort, they're actually vey accomplished musicians , and because of that they know exactly what to do to ensure they stay outside the realms of what's conventional and accepted.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Mar 8, 2009,
Quote by Lectric Bill
or you could just play left handed

Utterly brilliant.
R.I.P. S.R.V. dimebag ain't got nothin' on you.
R.I.P. Hendrix... nevermind, god can't die
I heard heabutting things kills braincells at a fast rate.

You could try that.

Disclaimer;

I did not just said that.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by WishfulShredder
this is the most paradoxical thread Ive seen in a while

What's the paradox?

The only remotely paradox I could find was.

In order to know what you don't want to know you have to know it.

If followed TS's theory that is

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
just fyi, i had to force myself to alternate pick after picking predominantly upwards. Not sure it falls into the same boat as I was just training myself out of a bad habit. As far as unlearning things, maybe amnesia? I used to know a way to induce amnesia, but i forgot........
Quote by technical death
why dont you break your guitar over ur head. then you won't be able to play at all

Hahahaha
Seriously, what is it with these ridiculous threads that have popped up in here over the last 24 hours?