Alright, I'm interested in getting a new guitar..

I currently have the Jackson KE3 and I love it, EXCEPT... The floyd rose has become a pain in the ass that I barely ever use, and playing past like 16 on the low strings or 20 on the high strings is near impossible at even mid-tempo.

soo... I'm looking to get some suggestions on a guitar with a great access to the higher frets (24 frets). Also, good pickups is a must(I play stuff like metalcore to death metal; metal pickups please)... what else....

anyway, if you could suggest within 600 dollars, but feel free to break it. (absolutely don't break 1000 though. )

favourite brands are ibanez, esp, and jackson. Thanks in advance.
I used a Jackson Kelly for ages, and I never had a problem with fret access. Get a flying V of some sort, they have great upper fret access. I'd suggest a Cort VX-4V. My 2V kicks ass, and the 4V has like twice as good specs. It'd probably be about $800 in the US.

Wait, it has a Floyd... Nvm.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
The cort has a floyd rose

I probably should of elborated about floyd rose.

I really don't want another one.

Also, while i'm posting again, feel free to post 7 strings.
Try looking at Schecter. The C-1 Classic comes with a JB/Jazz combo and 24 frets. Last I looked it was about 800 USD. Pretty good upper fret access, too.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Get a used RG7621/7421 and a used, non-trem jackson dinky

funny you should mention it, but i think they have that RG 7 string for a good price down at my pawn shop.

ill check it.
Quote by Normandy247
funny you should mention it, but i think they have that RG 7 string for a good price down at my pawn shop.

ill check it.

Keep in mind that the 7621/7421 were made about 9-10 years ago in japan. It it's a 7321 then it's one of the newer runs, made in indonesia i believe.
Although it's only 22 frets, if you want upper fret access, take a look at the washburn N series (though not the N2)

they have the Stephen's Extended Cutaway which will take you way up there.

the N61 will prolly be the only one that you can get in your price range, but you mighthave to hunt as they seem to have been discontinued now!!!