Having small hands and short fingers really sucks! I'm just wondering, are there any other small handed guitar players out there?

I've been playing for a while on a regular size guitar, and I havent really felt overly disadvantaged by small hands, but it still kind of sucks when you're trying to play something "difficult" or follow a lesson and your fingers don't reach.

Measuring from the "crease" on the palm side of my hand, my index finger is about 2 3/4 inches, my middle finger about 3 inches and my pinky about 2".

From the base of my palm, where the fatty part ends to the tip of my middle finger is 6 3/4"

On both my ibanez RG and Strat, .. My fingers can stretch from fret 1 to fret 6 on all strings.. right on the fret bars

I dont really have a question or anything, just interested to know how many other small handed guitarists are out there who play more difficult (as in, more hand stretching involved than the basic chords and three finger pentatonic scales) things on the guitar.

You know, so I can feel better knowing that I'm not the only one without huge hendrix hands
Quote by rob8666

You know, so I can feel better knowing that I'm not the only one without huge hendrix hands

You could play in the style of this guy :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldpAOZyyNac

Seriously though, do a google search for Django Reinhart (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Django_Reinhardt) .

Small hands shouldn't stop you from playing music, you just have to adjust to suit.
I totally know how you feel....... I wouldn't say that I have tiny hands, but they pale in comparison to Gilbert, Vai, etc....... Admittedly, I have to be a bit more strategic about my hand placement. For example, some diminished runs that Gilbert does I really struggle to get (i.e. - it took me a long while to comfortable with it).

However, a big positive note. Back about 6 years ago I saw Mike Stern live. The man tore it up, for a jazz man he can really shred..... I ended up being able to get him to sign one of my CD's and shook his hand - he had the tiniest hands!!!!! From there I was (in my head) telling myself where there is a will there is a way! Besides, could you really live without playing, I couldn't!
On a practical side, I think the guitars you are playing are both 25 1/2 inch scale. Gibsons and the like are 24 3/4 scale. I recently moved from a Yamaha 25 in to 25 1/2 and I am finding it quite hard to adjust. The good news, maybe, is that there are guitars made to 24 inch scale to suit smaller hands. And if money is absolutely no object I have seen a couple of guitars made for Gordon Giltrap (check him out on youtube) that have angled frets that square off at the 12th fret and the nut and bridge are at about 30 deg angles. So the E may be 25ins and the e 23ins.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x