What are the pro's and con's of having a Quadcore CPU. as i was thinking about just getting a Dualcore then a mate was like no quadcore is way better?
Guitars
Jackson js30rr 6-string fixed bridge
Schecter Demon 6-sting fixed bridge
Ibanez RGR421EXFM 6-string fixed bridge
Amplifiers/Pedals
Peavy Envoy 110 40watt
Boss ML-2 Metal Core Distortion Pedal
MXR KFK-1 Ten Band Equalizer
I have a quad-core desktop and a dual core laptop.

The laptop can run anything my desktop can, however my desktop can run pretty much 1000 times more items simultaneously.

In the end, if you have the money to waste away at it, then get the quad core by far. However, there really are limited reasonable applications so far to using quad core.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
It's going to be out of date the second you buy it anyway but quadcore would be future proofing a bit better.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Get a quad, but I'd make sure to have a good cooling system, especially over here. My computer equipment usually gets really hot and it's not even that powerful.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
Get a quad, but I'd make sure to have a good cooling system, especially over here. My computer equipment usually gets really hot and it's not even that powerful.

This.
Upgrade the cooling system, and get an extra case fan as well. Worth paying a little extra to have both of those quieter as well.
Well im looking at either getting Intel CORE 2 QUAD Q9400/2.66GHz/6MB CACHE or Intel ATX E8500 CORE 2 DUO/3.16GHz/6MB/1333FSB/LGA775

all im making the computer for is basically just so i can have a pc in my room, making it easier to use Guitarpro in my room instead of dragging equiptment into the living room and using the family computer. That and doing all the usual web surfing and playing games e.g COD5, Warhammer online and such.
Guitars
Amplifiers/Pedals
Peavy Envoy 110 40watt
Quote by SorteDiaboli
Well im looking at either getting Intel CORE 2 QUAD Q9400/2.66GHz/6MB CACHE or Intel ATX E8500 CORE 2 DUO/3.16GHz/6MB/1333FSB/LGA775

all im making the computer for is basically just so i can have a pc in my room, making it easier to use Guitarpro in my room instead of dragging equiptment into the living room and using the family computer. That and doing all the usual web surfing and playing games e.g COD5, Warhammer online and such.

If you could go up to the Q9450, it will perform better(more L2 cache).
This.
Upgrade the cooling system, and get an extra case fan as well. Worth paying a little extra to have both of those quieter as well.

Iv got 2x120mm fans one on the top and one on the side 3x 80mm fans one just on the front near my HDD and 2 on the side along the 120mm one, and im thinking of buying the Xigmatek CPU Cooler S1283 Red Scorpion CPU cooler to go along with it most reviewers saying its dropping temp by 10-20degrees
Guitars
Amplifiers/Pedals
Peavy Envoy 110 40watt
Quote by SorteDiaboli
Iv got 2x120mm fans one on the top and one on the side 3x 80mm fans one just on the front near my HDD and 2 on the side along the 120mm one, and im thinking of buying the Xigmatek CPU Cooler S1283 Red Scorpion CPU cooler to go along with it most reviewers saying its dropping temp by 10-20degrees

That'll do the job.
I'm running a Q6600, with 2 GeForce 8800GT's, with only one additional fan(machine is just over a year old) and I've never had any cooling problems, so that ought to do it.
I forget what the all the bits are, though.
Quote by SorteDiaboli

For most of the above, the Core 2 Duo has much more power than you will ever use. For games, consider getting a better graphics card, since this will easily have the most impact on performance. Of course, the Quad Core + killer GPU is the best combination, but it ultimately depends on your budget.
go dual
get an intel E5600 at 2.5ghz
according to Aus PC usesr you can safely over clock up to 4ghz with standard cooler
but if ur gunna go that route upgrade the cooling
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
Quote by Mad Marius
For most of the above, the Core 2 Duo has much more power than you will ever use. For games, consider getting a better graphics card, since this will easily have the most impact on performance. Of course, the Quad Core + killer GPU is the best combination, but it ultimately depends on your budget.

The quad core will certainly bring an improved performance if, like me, you tend to run a game plus a whole bunch of other apps at the same time.
buy two octocore Intel xeon processors.
XD
you wont need another comp for a long time....
it will nom on your current needs.
Quote by divinorum69
Teh pear is banned?

Epic Failure...READ THE RULES!!!