After a lot of consideration over which amp i would like to use for gigging, i have narrowed it down to the two of these, the Vox Ac30 and the Marshall Jcm 800.
They both seem to suit my style well from what i have read, and i will obviously try them both out before i buy.
I play blues, classic rock, as well as various other types of rock, but nothing very heavy.

So far i have no idea and although i will probably get a better idea when i try them out.

I just want to hear what you guys think, and also wondered if anybody had any recommendations of which amps within the Ac30 and Jcm 800 ranges are best.

Thanks.
i would get the ac30 because..well...its sounds like an ac30. if your are constantly playing stuff with a bit more gain the jcm800 is very nice. honestly i think you will be happy with either choice they are both great amps. ac30 for me though.
The needs you descried fall exactly on the AC30. Try both but I expect you will buy the Vox.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I'd go for the AC30, it seems to suit you perfectly. And if you have any high gain leads, you can always get a Big Muff or something.
AC30 >>>>> JCM800.

Oh, and AC30 + Big Muff = sex.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
ac30 sounds like it would be your best bet for the type of stuff that you're playing.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
I'd go with the AC 30, but i'd also look at a JTM 45 over a JCM 800.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by stradivari310
AC30 >>>>> JCM800.

Oh, and AC30 + Big Muff = sex.

Lmao thats some expensive sex dude.

But all jokes aside thanks for the advice i shall try it out

Also, how would a treble boost go with the Ac30.
Last edited by tom_martin_123 at Mar 8, 2009,
obviously there a lot different, but like someone already said if you were gonna look into a marshall you should look at the jtm 45 or the ac30 , i have an ac30 and love it, but it isnt ffor everyone but als o you could save yourself some moeny if you like marshall tone and get maybe a traynor or something, ive heard they can get a good marshally sounding tone
+1 to the jtm suggestion

you may also want take a look at a sovtek mig50
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.