How do you guys get on with your playing i prefer a pick but when strumming it sounds harsh and loud but if i use fingers i struggle when it comes to riffs by the way i`ve only been learning for about 6 months
yes all six strings buzz !! but it`s unique isn`t it
When I play on an e-guitar, I prefer playing with pick.
On an acoustic guitar, I prefer playing with fingers.
I prefer a pick, if strumming sounds harsh you can try using a softer pick for that.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
I always play with pick, except if the song requires finger picking, or if there's no other way possible to play the song. And for strumming with a pick, if it sounds too loud, and too harsh, try to strum less hard, or (if you have an electric), try a different pickup (instead of bridge, use neck), or change the settings on you amp
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Both, hybrid picking ftw. Different techniques for different sounds, they are both applicable.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
Both, hybrid picking ftw. Different techniques for different sounds, they are both applicable.

This.

I vary my picking depending on the situation and on what a particular part of a piece of music requires.Finger picking gives that nice and warm tone and once you get good at it,can add some really complex patterns and progressions to your playing.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Thumb and finger picks ftw!

But it depends on what instrument I'm playing and what style of music I am playing. I prefer fingers, though
Thanks for the replies the pick i use at the moment in .46mm thick and as far as i can tell there`s nothing thinner at least not where i shop, perhaps i`ll keep trying both
yes all six strings buzz !! but it`s unique isn`t it