Page 1 of 2
I had an 8 hour shift today and I heard that stupid fucking metro station song at least 4 times.

The only good thing is that they played a peter bjorn and john song

Does anyone else get sick of the music that they play on the radio while you're at work?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
When i had a job, they played the same songs constantly every day, i cant remember what they were tbh, but it was so annoying.
I only ever had one job as a Lidl-leaflet delivery dude (the most hated job in the world!) and I used to wear headphones and listen to Black Metal and Horror Punk... But, I could imagine that if you were stuck in some inbred establishment you're gonna end up listening to upbeat pop and rap, which would no doubt suck balls.
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
i have to listen to kerrang at work

which is ment to be a UK rock station... but its far from it
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
i have to admit, I laughed a little

at long f*cking last... a decent compliment

I POSTED THE PEAR ALL I GOT WAS A LOUSY WARNING
I used to work in a place that had a classic rock station on all day long. It may sound appealing, but it wasn't. I really don't want to hear the Sultans of Swing every single day of the year and everybody who does is an asshole.

Pop hits come and go, but classic rock hits stay the same. So it really is the same **** over and over again. The only good thing about that station was the annual top 1000, the only time you'd hear songs they didn't play every day.

Rotating the same 50 song playlist every day = automatic suck, but what made it even worse is that some of these songs were actually good. If it were all crap music anyway, i could just ignore it but now i can hardly enjoy some of my albums anymore thanks to these musical necrophiliacs.
We don't have anything, but I can faintly hear the mall radio. They played Lionel Ritchie - Dancing On The Ceiling once, had to stop myself from dancing.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Mainstream stuff that everyone will like. Supposedly. Rap, Hip Hop, Pop, in fact the only decent songs that are played regularly are Sweet Child o' Mine and Don't Stop Me Now. So I took in a CD with Slayer, Trivium and Metallica on it. It has been played once.
Maplin Radio.

They probably played it to inmates at Guantanamo Bay.

Kate Perry and Girls Aloud, followed schizophrenically by Meatloaf and Thin Lizzy; and every song is seperated by cheesy voiceovers advertising new products. (HERE'S AN IDEA FOR CHRISTMAS)

If I hear The Saturdays one more time I might kill someone.
Last edited by Vermintide at Mar 8, 2009,
meh, me and my friend were listening o his band's demo at work today
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I work in Primark, so we dont get music.

But my previous job at Sainsburys was over christmas, so as you can guess, i heard the same Christmas Hits CD a lot of times
I get to hear Dust In The Wind alot, So that's nice.
Quote by offspring_punk
9/10 Bobo Jenkins just sounds godly in general. I think I'll name my firstborn child that. Male or female.
I've got my mp3 player and a set of speakers on my desk; I can listen to whatever the hell I want.

My supervisor hates death metal
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I get to listen to 2CR FM which is the local radio station which seems to play all the **** from the last 2 years.
Back when I had work, the radio played Mercy by Duffy, that Amy Winehouse song, a George Michael song, and Bleeding Love at least three, four times a day.

Now, at the gym, all they play is: a song about having "nothing but your t-shirt on," a blasphemous take on the Numa Numa song by Rihanna, and Hot and Cold by Katy Perry.

I now bring my iPod to the gym.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I work (volunteer) at a radio station that plays 1960s through 2000s, thousands of songs
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
got my own office at work so I play what I want basically ;p yay programmers!
Quote by decayingdave
I only ever had one job as a Lidl-leaflet delivery dude (the most hated job in the world!) and I used to wear headphones and listen to Black Metal and Horror Punk... But, I could imagine that if you were stuck in some inbred establishment you're gonna end up listening to upbeat pop and rap, which would no doubt is amazing.

Fixed. My work listens to everything. They change the station every couple hours so we dont hear the same songs over and over. One time each manager let me play a cd. I played Rise against and In Flames and havent been asked to pick a cd since.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
the worst mainstream pop you can imagine, why cant we have a ****ing metal radio, I mean there's supposed to be a hard rock radio, but they only play the gayest of the very gay rock.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
I work at a gym so I control the radio stating. I keep it on rock. I love it.
Amp: B-52 AT100 212
Guitar: Parker P-44
Effects: Korg Tuner
all jazz. all day, everyday -_-
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Rick Roll is a regular part of the morning anouncement.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by themightymitch
i have to listen to kerrang at work

which is ment to be a UK rock station... but its far from it

I so agree with that.
I swear Kerrang get payed by 30 seconds to mars and Fall Out Boy to play one of their tracks every 3 songs.
Eugh.
Our owner of the mcd i work at is prick way passed his prime and makes us listen to the 60s. Once we had the 70s and he called it hip hop. I wish we could listen to the Outlaw Country or Willie Place
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Hm, at least you guys have actual stations to listen to. The store i work at has their own station, and in between the commercials repeating 10 times a day is the worst collection of music on the face of the earth. The only good songs I've heard were "Ordinary People" and "Heaven" by John Legend, and "Moondance" by Van Morrison, but sadly those songs are rarities
Ah, they have a playlist that seems to be endless. It plays a selection of the suicidally bad, and the relativley mediocre. But when it gets to point in the day when its quiet enough to hear the stereo, we usually plug an Ipod into it, so it's alright.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

I go to this one liquor store often (for the sandwiches they make at the deli, not for alcohol), and they always have this one classic rock station playing. It plays zeppelin, kansas, aerosmith, the stones, you name it. It's pretty awesome.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
ah, the advantages of my work are numerous, but this is a big one! We stick itunes on shuffle and listen. the great thing is that the playlist contains no bad music. it just gets deleted, and everyone adds their favourites to it. Theres amost a years worth of great songs on there, so you never hear the same song twice in a working week!.

Or, you can turn the music in the office off, and listen to whoever happens to be reheasing in the room nextdoor (its a studio) you get some amazing stuff, and some not so good stuff too
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Quote by locosenor13
Hm, at least you guys have actual stations to listen to. The store i work at has their own station, and in between the commercials repeating 10 times a day is the worst collection of music on the face of the earth. The only good songs I've heard were "Ordinary People" and "Heaven" by John Legend, and "Moondance" by Van Morrison, but sadly those songs are rarities

I wouldnt mind listening to John Legend all day, he makes some good music. You should listen to the crap they play at our stations, we only listen to the radio because the actual hosts are hilarious. Other than that the music is absolute rubbish. Oh yeah when they FINALLY play some metal it's ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS Metallica - One, never any real metal ALWAYS metallica - one.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Taco Bell... we have a Sirius Radio that we usually keep on the channel "80s on 8"

But, since I'm a manager sometimes I'll bring my iPod in and plug that into the lobby speakers. Obviously since its a "family" restaurant I have to play appropriate stuff. I usually play Zeppelin, Skynyrd, some 80s one-hit wonders, and some modern stuff like Shinedown's slower songs or Hinder.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
There's no music at my job.

I work in a private PR firm.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I don't have a job (but I need one, lol). I hear no music at school. Except for my guitar class and my recording independent study. So that's all good.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by Fenderhippie69
all jazz. all day, everyday -_-

...sounds like win to me.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Page 1 of 2