i have an epi g-400, i was wondering what kinda pickups should i use to get a bullet for my valentine sound? im sorta noob when it comes to pickups, what should i get?
It´s more of an amp question, really. Check the Settings Thread

I use EMGs and I like em.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
its just im tired of my crappy pickups on my sg, there to cheesy and they get this weird feedback.
i use an Jackson Kelly KE3 with Seymour duncans and i get an very close sound

M-Audio Fastrack + Pod Farm

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
Well I want 1.000.000$ but I can't get them.

No seriously dude. Pickups won't change anything if you have a crappy amp, possibly solid state.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Dio10101
It's really amps and pedals. The pickups just help the quality of it shining through.

theres this sorta buzz when im not playing like hum noise, im guessing its the pickups, so its time to upgrade. i have a pretty decent amp its a fender cyber deluxe 250 watts.
First get a decent amp, then get a better guitar. I'd go for a Jackson or something.
Even with a decent amp, I'd say it's no use upgrading pickups on that guitar.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Quote by A Certain Death
get a seymour duncan JB/59 set...
last i saw thats what matt tuck uses.

im looking on muscians friend but i cant seem to find them =(
Quote by haz_uk
guitar w/ active pickups through a boosted 6505.

sorted.

im really looking into passive. dont wanna make a battery pack for my guitar u kno
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by RockxxStar
so i should get both

just the jb, but seriously you dont need a pickup change.
wel, matt tuck records on a Les paul, so you can get resaonbly close, it is however a question of amp and pick-ups really
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by SirShredfast
why would you want a gay sound

You don't know how much i agree with you!

But on topic, you don't need a pickup change. If you do change your pickups, you'll just realize you wasted cash. Get a new amp.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
It's just a standard metal sound with more mids than usual. Sort your EQ out- Mid and Bass at about 5/7 and Treble at about 8. Then get heavier strings for the Drop C ****. But you'll need a decent practise amp- Vox AD15VT is the way to go. I used to be really into Bullet and I could get a good sound.

As for pickups, try the Swineshead Venom bridge. I have a Warthog and it honestly blows eveything else I've ever played away.
Quote by RockxxStar
theres this sorta buzz when im not playing like hum noise, im guessing its the pickups, so its time to upgrade. i have a pretty decent amp its a fender cyber deluxe 250 watts.

You have a bad amp.
That hum noise will be present in any NEW pickups you get. I'd say it's probably the amp if anything - too much gain causing noise.

Therefore, you do not need new pickups right now [but a JB is fantastic!], but you do need a new, better amp.
I suggest trying to set a budget and finding something.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
its not the amp, cuz i plug it in my tone port and it does it, and i was jamming at a friends house with his amp and it did it, and the sound im getting out if the guitar is very messy not clean =(
EMG's and 6505's.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™
EMG's and 6505's.

i want matts, i heard its the jb,i was thinking would my sound get cleaner? cuz its really messy with my stock pickups
^Thats prolly an EQing problem, too much gain maybe, new pups aren't gonna do much, you need a new amp.
Put an EMG 81 in the Bridge and EMG 85 in the neck.

OR

You could buy and Epiphone SG Prophecy EX.
If everything could ever feel this real forever,
If anything could ever be this good again,
The only thing I'll ever ask of you,
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when.
I have a Jackson RR3 with the JB + 59 pickups; I have my settings on 4 bass 6 mids 7 treble and 8 gain.
I get a really good chunky tone out of it just like BFMV, roll off the tone knob a little bit and it's perfect IMO.
I used to have a really crappy amp (Behringer lol) and i put new pickups in my guitar. Well, it didn't make any difference at all, until i got a less crappy tube amp. Then i noticed the pickups sounded pretty damn sweet. IMO New pickups aren't really worth the money unless you have a good amp that you will notice the difference through.

Moral of the story: Get a new amp, you will sound better.

For BFMV I recommend an MG, it has crushing overdrive.

Please don't get an MG
BEEP

<_<

>_>

Beeeeeeeeep
Go to a Music store (if they are like mine) they have a few amps set up and you can try out guitars. Jackson RR3 runs for like $749 I think also EMGs would be nice. Really you could get the sound of it with any amp just get a good EQ.
Quote by JoePerry4life
^Thats prolly an EQing problem, too much gain maybe, new pups aren't gonna do much, you need a new amp.

hey well i got a fender cyber deluxe 180 watts, it should be good enough to tell a difrence right?
Quote by RockxxStar
its not the amp, cuz i plug it in my tone port and it does it, and i was jamming at a friends house with his amp and it did it, and the sound im getting out if the guitar is very messy not clean =(

1) The hum is caused by high gain. My JB hums if I have too much gain or near a computer/light/amp.

2) The messy sound is probably your playing. It may not be, as I have no idea what you mean.

Maybe do a recording of your guitar and your playing?!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
One of the guitarists from BFMV use Peavey Vypyrs, I'm sure. Pick-ups can make a difference, iy the p-up is drastic from the one your changing. Removing a stock epi p-up and replacing it with something like an X2N and you're going to hear a difference, although BFMV uses EMG's.
Quote by JagStang5246
One of the guitarists from BFMV use Peavey Vypyrs, I'm sure. Pick-ups can make a difference, iy the p-up is drastic from the one your changing. Removing a stock epi p-up and replacing it with something like an X2N and you're going to hear a difference, although BFMV uses EMG's.

They use 6505s.
ಠ_ಠ