did you do the one mic in the middle of the room thing? lol
everything sounds really distant. though mildly clear. hmmm...
Xylophone? Marimba? Bottles? whatever the crap it is, I like it. (im reading that its a thumb piano?)
The vocals are kinda reminding me of monk chants lol.
This needs a really deep deep thud bass drum. a huge one. that just plods. it would be awsome and make the song sound alot more full.

Just curious, what is the hole in the sky?

The drum that you add in halfway through is ehh. really hollow/thin sounding. I'm guessing its improvised though ehh? it works though I would prefer a different timber.

------------------------------------------------------
Next song.

The drum, again. ehh. just sounds like your whacking on crap. lol. though the rhythm works, it just needs better tone. (which occasionally you achieve in the song, but especially at the beginning its blah)
The breathing is uber creepy. i like it.
This is really chill. and i'm liking it.
the piano is again, giving a really creepy air to this piece.
you need some form of bass in this piece. anything you can find to add some low end.
"watchinnng theee raaain fallllllll . . . "
lol
I like it.
the drum "roll' really fit here.
the adding of mult vocals gave me shivers (congratulations)
by the end of this song the drum sounds a little better to me. (lol i just realized i'm only 7 min into this 10 min song)
----------------------------------------------
both these pieces really hit the spot at 2:30 in the morning.
Really really chill and relaxing. at the same time they have edge and a huge creepy factor.
Thanks, I really enjoyed it.
-Ryan
Quote by Jared R. Boyd
did you do the one mic in the middle of the room thing? lol
everything sounds really distant. though mildly clear. hmmm...
Xylophone? Marimba? Bottles? whatever the crap it is, I like it. (im reading that its a thumb piano?)
The vocals are kinda reminding me of monk chants lol.
This needs a really deep deep thud bass drum. a huge one. that just plods. it would be awsome and make the song sound alot more full.

Just curious, what is the hole in the sky?

The drum that you add in halfway through is ehh. really hollow/thin sounding. I'm guessing its improvised though ehh? it works though I would prefer a different timber.

Not only was it one mic in the middle of the room, the mic was on my friend's cheap phone lol. the distant thing was something we were going for, seeing as we knew we couldnt really record any better with what we had.

Yes, it's a thumb piano, and a pretty **** one at that. But it seemed to fit the music, so we used it lol. Yep the vocals are supposed to be monkish chants, love that sort of stuff. Yeah I know it needs a bass drum. If you listen carefully you can actually hear me stamping on the floor where the bass drum should be Will definitely use one when we record better.

The hole in the sky.... I have no idea lol. Had a couple of friends round last year, got really really stoned in my back garden and kinda just started chanting. I think my friend (the bongo/thumb piano player) thought the moon was actually a hole in the sky. so naturally we praised it When we recorded this song, the same friend came up with some pretentious meaning that we're probably going to use... it's about praying to gods that don't actually exist, ie praising the emptiness in the sky. just a generally anti-religious song i guess...

Yeah the drum is ****, need a bigger one, and properly tuned, also recording on a phone doesn't help.

Quote by Jared R. Boyd
Next song.

The drum, again. ehh. just sounds like your whacking on crap. lol. though the rhythm works, it just needs better tone. (which occasionally you achieve in the song, but especially at the beginning its blah)
The breathing is uber creepy. i like it.
This is really chill. and i'm liking it.
the piano is again, giving a really creepy air to this piece.
you need some form of bass in this piece. anything you can find to add some low end.
"watchinnng theee raaain fallllllll . . . "
lol
I like it.
the drum "roll' really fit here.
the adding of mult vocals gave me shivers (congratulations)
by the end of this song the drum sounds a little better to me. (lol i just realized i'm only 7 min into this 10 min song)

Will sort out the drum problem. Yeah the breathing is pretty creepy lol, we were just jamming on the idea basically, intending the song to be instrumental, then my friend started just breathing, scared the **** out of me, so we used it.
That's not piano btw, that's me playing the strings on the headstock of my guitar, if you know what im talkin about. Just felt like something dissonant.
We plan to have a low drone in this song, these are only really rough demos i think when we record properly, the recordings will be a little more full (but not so full as to take away from the minimalistic creepiness)
"Watching the rain fall"... lol. we were recording a first draft, and someone texted me the first sentence of the text was "Not much, just watching Rain Man" (as in the film) i thought he meant "I'm watching the rain, man..." so my friend asked "what did he say?" so i whispered "he's watching the rain faaaaaallllllllllllll" which sparked that idea lol
And I like giving people shivers, it's good to hear
I think with that drum it starts sounding better when you hit it harder, also bear in mind for some of it, i put down my guitar and started hitting the sofa lol, so that might explain the fuller sound.

Quote by Jared R. Boyd
both these pieces really hit the spot at 2:30 in the morning.
Really really chill and relaxing. at the same time they have edge and a huge creepy factor.
Thanks, I really enjoyed it.
-Ryan

thanks for the detailed feedback, tis much appreciated
the chill yet creepy thing is certainly what we were aiming for, glad to know we managed it. one person we showed it to described it as "Like impending doom... but relaxed" thought that summed it up perfectly.
cheers again
-Alex