Ok I'm currently using a 30 watt valvetronix and I've just started messing about recording a few things onto my laptop.
I'm recording by using a cable running from the amps line out to the laptops mic input and it records fine although at the moment not great quality, but using this method I can't hear what would be coming out of the amp. Probably a stupid question but is there any other way similar to this other than close micing that would let me hear what I'm playing as I record it?
see if you can enable the line in volume (for playback; separate from the recording volume) and then listen with headphones

I'm interested to see how they sound, so it would be cool if you can post something up here
Last edited by Ibbod0 at Mar 8, 2009,
Use a recording interface and a DAW, so you can hear yourself through your computer speakers/headphones. Also, some pedals have a USB out for recording, Eg Some of the Digitech RP's, so you can use them as an interface.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

I've only ever placed the mic infront of the cab... I've never even tried directly connecting it up!
ok i have sony sound forge on my pc to record with, so do I need a recording interface in order to hear what I am playing?