Hey guys, i bought my first guitar about 3 days ago and i'm having some trouble, i've been trying to learn the intro to enter sandman but when i push the string down to play a note then take my finger off to move it to the next note it plays that note over again. If that makes any sense i would appreciate some advice, thanks in advance.
Maybe you should try to play it a bit slower and remove the fingers slower.
Guitars:

Schecter Omen 6
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Granada F1/65

Amp:

Ibanez Toneblaster 15R
This is a problem I had when I started out. Just try to take your finger off the string as straight 'up' as possible, and don't take it off too quickly - taking it off slower means it'll mute properly.
Quote by rigiddigits
Well I'm a girl and I don't want to die so I guess I'll have to choose to be raped.

Nobody sig that

Check out my gaming blog, Zombie Arcade
Quote by llhenry
Hey guys, i bought my first guitar about 3 days ago and i'm having some trouble, i've been trying to learn the intro to enter sandman but when i push the string down to play a note then take my finger off to move it to the next note it plays that note over again. If that makes any sense i would appreciate some advice, thanks in advance.

it sounds like you're either (1) playing that string after the pulloff to play the lower note twice or (2) you're pulling off and putting that same finger down again which gets you into playin that first note twice. #2 being a pull off / hammer on...

thats what i get from my understanding of first post. but i have found that it's better for pull offs to pull the string down with your finger, toward you're wrist. and starting off slow and picking up the pace as you get used to the technique is a good idea as well...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
What ever way i take my finger off the string the same thing happens , i pick the string that my finger is on then take my finger off and the note that i picked stops and the string rings out another note, sorry i'm not very good at explaining things.