ok, so i have this epiphone les pau junior sitting in my basement being unplayed, pretty much since i got it. i really dont like the tone it gives off, and its just a plain piece of **** imo. but the thing is, i want to be able to play it, but i dont know exactly how.
i know i want to put a new pickup in it. im thinking p90.
but what other things could i do to it to change the way it sounds? or maybe just increase the noise it makes....either or.
also, the crazier the idea, the better.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Try covering some Neil Young songs, I mean, he's obviously not a girl but he's got more than enough estrogen to sound like one.
i know a very good mod...you take a screw driver...take out all the screws....all the electronics...the bridge...the tuners...and you use an axe to chop it up.....then you place the wood pieces IN THE FIREPLACE!

its the best mod you can do to that guitar, especially around winter time
i didnt buy it, it was a gift.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Try covering some Neil Young songs, I mean, he's obviously not a girl but he's got more than enough estrogen to sound like one.
Is it a humbucker or P90 LPJr? Since you want P90s I'm assuming humbucker, and if so Duncan and Gibson make some good HumbuckerSized P90s.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
Is it a humbucker or P90 LPJr? Since you want P90s I'm assuming humbucker, and if so Duncan and Gibson make some good HumbuckerSized P90s.

of the two, which do you think is better?
Quote by RU Experienced?
duncan is cheaper and more than likely sounds better.

also: new tuners and bridge, and possibly a nut will be a good idea
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
nah, even a great setup wont last long with the standard hardware on that thing...its absolute s***

and yes, searchbar next time.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
yee, i know i wanna change the hardware and whatnot.
but i was thinking more along the lines of just things you can do with random things that you find. say putting bits of metal on the back of the guitar to increase feedback, or other random, and possibly odd things that do cool stuff.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Change bridge (Bigsby maybe?), tuners, nut (graphite or bone). Pickup wise, I'd take out the humbucker, and throw in a p90 in the bridge, and then maybe a mini-humbucker in the neck, and give it either 2 on/off switches (One for each pickup), or a 3-way. Or you could add a killswitch, on-board effects, out of phase switch, on-board EQ, or other fun tweaks.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp