Hey guys, recently my Ashdown Fallen Angel (FA60DSP) lost all power and wont even switch on...

Checked both the fuse in the amp and the fuse in the plug, both look perfect...not changed them just yet.

Took the amp open, checked the full board, everything looks fine, no caps done in, nothing out of place...theres just no power at all getting to it.

The DSP didnt work on the amp first off but I dont miss them, I have my tonelab for effects and such...

Anyone any idea what it could be?
Or am I just taking a stab in the dark at thinking the transformers dead?

...also, rough idea how much it'd cost to fix?

Cheers folks.
...Is it plugged in?
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
I'd put money on it being the surge protect fuse - definitely change that first. Don't replace like for like though, you need a 250V slow blow fuse but go for a 1.6 amps instead of the 1 amp fuse indicated on the back panel, that's on Ashdown's advice.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Actually, I was being serious. You'd be surprised at how many people say they're having problems with **** like that, and you ask the simplest questions and get a simple "...oh." in response.
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
Quote by steven seagull
I'd put money on it being the surge protect fuse - definitely change that first. Don't replace like for like though, you need a 250V slow blow fuse but go for a 1.6 amps instead of the 1 amp fuse indicated on the back panel, that's on Ashdown's advice.

Absolutely sound advice, thank you very much. I'll be chaging that tomorrow.
Though, the fuses look absolutely fine...think that makes a difference?

Quote by HWFG1
Actually, I was being serious. You'd be surprised at how many people say they're having problems with **** like that, and you ask the simplest questions and get a simple "...oh." in response.

If you're being serious, dont word it like I'm some sort of moron, thank you.
Took the amp apart, realised even with the power on the fan isn't switching on either...clearly, theres no power going beyond the input transformer, so its either that fuse (and I have no spares to try that!) or the transformer itself surely?