Hey all, I'm not 100% sure on my decision just yet, but lately I've been looking at downsizing. I have quite a few guitars, they aren't all being played, and I'd prefer to have 3 or 4 really nice guitars than 6 mediocre and 2 nice guitars.
Here's the dilemma: I'm starting to get away from Floyd Rose guitars. I like trems, but I don't like th pains of a floating bridge. I found a good deal on Craigslist for a Ninja-600 (The newer model that was discontinued without a Floyd) and I'll end up having to sell my LTD M-1000, and likely an Epiphone Les Paul Standard.

What do you guys think here? Good idea? Bad idea?
Quote by Widow6

What do you guys think here? Good idea? Bad idea?

If it makes you happy... it's a great idea
So you want to sell a high end LTD and a mid range Epi for a mid range LTD? Uhm,why not just shell out the cash for something to block the trem on the M-1000? But,if the Ninja is an actual ESP model and not an LTD then it might be worth it if it's in good condition.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I wouldn't personally. That LTD m-1000 is very nice.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Keep in mind, this is also to downsize -- not to just get rid of the trem.
i'd say that since you're not very particular to floyds or other floating trems, sell the M-1000 and use the money to buy some nice pups for the epi les paul. and money leftover u can use to save for other nice guitars. cuz if u have a bunch of other guitars u can sell whichever ones u dont like.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
Quote by a7xsteve
i'd say that since you're not very particular to floyds or other floating trems, sell the M-1000 and use the money to buy some nice pups for the epi les paul. and money leftover u can use to save for other nice guitars. cuz if u have a bunch of other guitars u can sell whichever ones u dont like.

That's not a half bad idea, but I don't really play the Epi Les Paul anymore. I upgraded it's pickups already, and I just can't get along with the feel of the guitar. My ultimate goal is to have a handful of guitars that I can pick up and play, and be completely comfortable with, while retaining versatility among those guitars.

Thanks for the replies so far, keep 'em coming
So if you sell both the Epi and LTD, and get the Ninja, would you have some money leftover or will all the money from selling those guitars be spent on the Ninja?
Nah, I'll have some money left over, which will likely go to textbook costs.
No, bad deal IMO.

The Deluxes and the higher end LTD sigs are really equal in terms of value/performance. So unless you can get a straight trade or a trade +$100 or $200 max, I wouldn't do it. But in the end, you have to ask yourself if it's what you really want.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
erm how much do you want for that lovely M1000?
its one of my fave guitar tbh
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals