can someone explain to me how to use an EQ pedal? like wat are all the numbers and wat sliding the sliders up and down does?

thanks
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Korg pitchblack pedal tuner
EXH Metal Muff
Sennheiser wireless system
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
The bands correspond to the frequencies they control. Generally, the ones to the left are the bass frequencies and the ones to the right are the treble frequencies. Sliding a band up will increase that frequency will boost it, while sliding it down will begin to decrease it. So, for example, if you wanted a bass and mid heavy EQ, You'd have the Mid to Left sliders probably set up a bit higher than the ones approaching the right.

Just play around with it and you'll figure out how you want it to sound :p
the numbers for each slider are just frequencies. Instead of having a standard bass, middle and treble EQ, you'll get different frequency ranges that give you more control over your tone. For example, if you have a MXR ten band eq, the first two sliders on the left will control your bass, and by having two sliders that control different bass frequencies instead of one knob that controls all of the bass frequencies, you get more control over your tone.
When you move a slider up, it boosts the signal, giving you more of that frequency, and when you slide it down, it cuts the signal, giving you less of that frequency.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Last edited by mrxtreme_4 at Mar 8, 2009,
Make a "V" with the sliders, that's how you get the best tone.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i know most people recommend the mxr 10 band EQ, but has anyone tried the Graphic Fuzz from EHX? it seems pretty good
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Korg pitchblack pedal tuner
EXH Metal Muff
Sennheiser wireless system
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
I'm pretty sure the graphic fuzz isn't an equalizer.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
The best way to find out what each slider does is to set them all in the middle, then scoop and boost one slider all the way to hear what exactly it controls.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater