Been working on this over last 2 hours, trying not to fit a genre.

I need a solo, I don't know what scale to use over what chords.
I want one that sounds a bit like the 'Caught in a Mosh' solo by Anthrax.

All help appreciated

C4C

*Update a few posts down*
Attachments:
Composition 6.zip
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at Mar 9, 2009,
thanks for the crit

just had a listen through to yours and i reckon if you use the riff from 38 as a backing to the solo if you use e minor to solo with it'll sound pretty good, i had a fiddle to see how it sounded and seemed alright to me, you may completely disagree on the other hand :P
othe than that sounds pretty good

also if you change the panning on the two distorted guitars so that when one of them drops out of the riff you lose the sound on one side. i think that would make give the sound more depth!
hey man, thanks for the crit

Ok, well i liked the first two chords but i feel that the other 3 make it quite disonant and sorta ruin the into riff. the bass thoughout the entire piece was pretty boring. the bass should be used to create emotion not just back up the guitar. the power chords at bar 17 are very bland. maybe you could turn that into a rythym and make it more interesting. possibly incorperate the drums into that. the trash riff is wayyyyy to disonant. its pretty generic too if im being honest. the second riff in the heavy section was even more disonant. the 3rd one was alot better but needs abit more tidying up. im not being rude, but this peice just doesnt work at all. the riffs are cool but they dont make sense because of all the other stuff you have put behind it. i thing you should take another look at it. and as far as a solo goes, you need a solid chord proggression and your is alittle out.

just start the whole song again.
Quote by BKGMorley
hey man, thanks for the crit

Ok, well i liked the first two chords but i feel that the other 3 make it quite disonant and sorta ruin the into riff. the bass thoughout the entire piece was pretty boring. the bass should be used to create emotion not just back up the guitar. the power chords at bar 17 are very bland. maybe you could turn that into a rythym and make it more interesting. possibly incorperate the drums into that. the trash riff is wayyyyy to disonant. its pretty generic too if im being honest. the second riff in the heavy section was even more disonant. the 3rd one was alot better but needs abit more tidying up. im not being rude, but this peice just doesnt work at all. the riffs are cool but they dont make sense because of all the other stuff you have put behind it. i thing you should take another look at it. and as far as a solo goes, you need a solid chord proggression and your is alittle out.

just start the whole song again.

Thanks, I'll try that. Not starting all over but most of it.
I tried to slow it down, mute the instruments and listen them paired... I just can't grasp this one at all. :/

The clean guitar in the intro sounds cool. Has a spacelike feel to it. Reminds me of starcraft or something with that ensemble.

From measure 25 onward however... I can't understand this at all. I guess my musical taste isn't sophisticated enough. It sounds kind psychotic. What style is this? If you could name some band that plays this kind of music... I guess I could get the hang of it. Now it just... it's too much of a mess for me. :/

Sorry.

EDIT: Hey yeah, I just saw that you commented my song! Thanks.
Last edited by January85 at Mar 9, 2009,