Page 1 of 2
Well, this is certainly shaping up to be a good year for the p0nx, in my humble opinion. The "new" New York Dolls are releasing a new album on May 5th!!

From their site:

The Dolls newest album title "Cause I Sez So" will be released on the Atco Label this spring.
Track Listing:
01. 'Cause I Sez So
02. Muddy Bones
03. Better Than
04. Lonely So Long
05. My World
06. Ridiculous
07. Temptation To Exist
08. Making Rain
09. Drowning
10. Nobody Got No Bizness
11. Trash
12. Exorcism Of Despair

So, discuss?? I'm looking forward to it. One Day it Will Please Us to Remember Even This wasn't nearly as good as their s/t, but was in some ways on par with Too Much Too Soon, and I'm definitely open to the idea of another album.
DOWN&OUT
Last edited by Jett Diamond at Mar 8, 2009,
One day it will please us had some pretty good songs really.

I'll certainly listen to the new one
Yeah, We're All in Love and Gimme Love and Turn on the Lights are two of my favorite Dolls songs, so I'm pretty psyched. Plus, they're still fantastic live, so hopefully I'll catch their new tour when it hits.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Jett Diamond
So, discuss?? I'm looking forward to it. One Day it Will Please Us to Remember Even This wasn't nearly as good as their s/t, but was in some ways on par with Too Much Too Soon, and I'm definitely open to the idea of another album.

One Day is an absolutely amazing record, seriously. It's so damn good!

I don't think that this one will be though, I'm very frightened about it being mediocre, like I was with the last one, I suppose. It took me a lot of courage to go out and get it.
I am very excite.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Sweet...not heard much of 'One Day' but sounds good. Hopefully might get chance to see 'em live
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Quote by molly bee
May 5 is my birthday!!

What an awesome birthday present!!

to Chris: you should definitely go see them if you get the chance. They still put on a kick ass show. I saw them two years ago. They were SO good and super friendly.
DOWN&OUT
Ive never really gotten into the dollz and would totaly hate it if someone pm'd me some of their music cause i totally DONT want to listen to them
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
ill probably pick it up. i like johnny thunders and buster poindexter more though
ITS GETTIN HOT HOT HOT!....jk, buster poindexter sucks..in a good way
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Trash? are they redoing that song?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Yeah they decided to for some reason. I think it's a bit weird, but it'll still be a good album, I hope.
DOWN&OUT
Well **** this is exciting. I didnt get the most recent Dolls album cause someone told me it wasnt that good but from what you guys are sayign I might just have to get it.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Like Dee Dee King or Fugazi?

dee dee king was just terrible...but its so ****in funny
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Haha so I was wondering why I couldn't find this thread when I searched "New York Dolls," and then realized that I spelled their name ridiculously....

and speaking of the Ridiculous, their new album Cause I Sez So is out TODAY!!! Ridiculous is track 6 by the by, which is where my tie-in came from.

I'm only a few songs in so far, but I'm really digging it. It has a nice grit to it, kind of frantic and ramshackle. I'm really digging it, but I'll wait till I hear the whole thing to write much more on it. So anyone else gonna pick this up? So far, I'd say it's definitely worth it.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Jett Diamond
Haha so I was wondering why I couldn't find this thread when I searched "New York Dolls," and then realized that I spelled their name ridiculously....

and speaking of the Ridiculous, their new album Cause I Sez So is out TODAY!!! Ridiculous is track 6 by the by, which is where my tie-in came from.

I'm only a few songs in so far, but I'm really digging it. It has a nice grit to it, kind of frantic and ramshackle. I'm really digging it, but I'll wait till I hear the whole thing to write much more on it. So anyone else gonna pick this up? So far, I'd say it's definitely worth it.

I'll be grabbing it asap. I really enjoyed their last outing, so I've been super anticipating this release. Yeah yeah, get back on here and tell us what you think when you're done. Oh, and did they re-record Trash?
"If a body catch a body comin' through the rye."
Okay so the album is really cool. After the first few numbers, it slows down a little bit for a while. There's a bit of a bluesy groove going on sometimes, some mid-tempo songs, but nothing drags, which is really nice. It's fantastic---very frantic, even when they slow down. They try some new sounds, there are acoustic guitars and a dance groove.

This is a super cool album. They really moved their sound forward, which I wasn't expecting, and they did it in a really natural way; I feel comfortable and I'm really into it. They're embracing the fact that they're not 20 years old, but they don't sound old or outdated at all.

Oh and I'm not telling you about Trash---you'll see for yourself. No one's gonna see that coming.

EDIT: my order of favorites:
New York Dolls --> Cause I Sez So (tied with) Too Much Too Soon --> One Day (great album, but not my favorite)
DOWN&OUT
Last edited by Jett Diamond at May 5, 2009,
Quote by Jett Diamond

Oh and I'm not telling you about Trash---you'll see for yourself. No one's gonna see that coming.

You know what? Thank you. I regretted asking. I like a surprise.
"If a body catch a body comin' through the rye."
Quote by seannufan
You know what? Thank you. I regretted asking. I like a surprise.

You won't be disappointed, home boy
DOWN&OUT
Listening to thier live show on Sirius Faction, they sound pretty good, They dont sound like they're pushing 60
Has anybody seen the NY Dolls recently? They are coming right by me for only $18, so seeing them isnt even a questoin, I'm just wondering how they are.
(Jett, knowing youre in NoVA, if you didn't know theyre coming to the Norva, because I havent found that date listed on any site but the Norva one. I'm also really curious to what the turnout will be, knowing how ****ty peoples music tastes are in Norfolk/VA BEach, I've only ever met one other person who liked the Dolls)
I've seen the Dolls recently, on their last tour to promote One Day it Will Please Us. They were SO good. Tons of energy, great presence, and really tight. David Jo is a great front man and Sylvain Sylvain is SO nice.

And yeah Corey, I'm probably going to the Norfolk date, unless they post one closer to me. I'll let you know. That'd be so awesome though.
DOWN&OUT
why aren't they coming to chicago?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
^I think so.

Now I got the album and started listening to it on the way to work. First time, thought--yeah good album. Second time, it really grabbed me and its been pretty much in heavy rotation since May 6th. I love it. David's voice sounds aged, but in a good way.
I love David's voice, it's so deep and textured. I don't think I could sing like that if I was 60 and drank whiskey with milk.
Quote by DempseyPunk
dee dee king was just terrible...but its so ****in funny

funk funk funk funk funk funk funk funk funky!
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I love David's voice, it's so deep and textured. I don't think I could sing like that if I was 60 and drank whiskey with milk.

Sursly, David Jo and Iggy Pop are PRIME examples of how rock 'n' roll musicians should age. I mean seriously, David Jo is still a seriously brilliant performer who embraced his age, and Iggy still throws himself from amplifiers.

DOWN&OUT
Finally got the new album. Took me a bit to get into it, but damn, did I get into it! Trash was awesome.
And I found out on Friday that they're playing in Anaheim at the HoB next Friday! May head out and go, even if I gotta go alone (damn my lame friends).
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
I saw them last year when they came here to Portland. The show was 21+ so I watched through a window. But it was pretty cool.

At one point I said to myself "I hope they play 'You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory'", and then they did!
Quote by anarkee
^I think so.

Now I got the album and started listening to it on the way to work. First time, thought--yeah good album. Second time, it really grabbed me and its been pretty much in heavy rotation since May 6th. I love it. David's voice sounds aged, but in a good way.

No way man - unless it's a last minute shocker. God, if they do I may have an excitement overload.

I'm already going to see these guys at Rebellion: Adolescents, Napalm Death, Subhumans, Agnostic Front, Amebix, Leftover crack, Damned, H20, The Templars, The Restarts, The Dickies, The Aggrolites, The Adicts.

If the NY Dolls get added I may get a little too excited
I got my tickets to see them at the 930 Club in DC! I'm so stoked! Anyone else seeing them?
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Jett Diamond
Sursly, David Jo and Iggy Pop are PRIME examples of how rock 'n' roll musicians should age. I mean seriously, David Jo is still a seriously brilliant performer who embraced his age, and Iggy still throws himself from amplifiers.

Iggy looks good for a guy in his 60s. I hope I look that good when I'm that old.
Does doing heroin help with that?
Quote by Jett Diamond
I got my tickets to see them at the 930 Club in DC! I'm so stoked! Anyone else seeing them?

I've got my tickets for Norfolk! I'm kind of iffy about it though, not for the Dolls, thatll be great, but I'm already going alone, and I've only ever met one other person living in Hampton Roads that even heard of them. I dont know what to expect of the crowd. And minimum crowds are always kind of dissapointing.
Page 1 of 2