I'm pretty sure kirk has one, but what songs does he use it in?
Gibson Faded Cherry Flying V
Epiphone Goldtop Les Paul
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss DD-3 digital delay pedal
Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes Real Tube Distortion pedal
Ummm... all of them.

As far as I know he just uses it on the solo on devil's dance
Coz I know he uses Wah-Wah a lot (or used to) but I'm not so sure on the Whammy pedal
Kirk doesn't use a Whammy pedal....does he? I know he uses wah in every song...and they just released a sig wah for him. Which they should have done a long time ago imo...he uses it more than just about any guitarist I can think of
Hmm, he may use it subtley in solo's and in conjunction with his wah pedal.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by Cookie93
As far as I know he just uses it on the solo on devil's dance
Coz I know he uses Wah-Wah a lot (or used to) but I'm not so sure on the Whammy pedal

My mistake, I thought he was talking about a Wah pedal.
Dunlop fellates Kirk Hammet nightly lets just say that.
Proud owner of a Les Paul
Quote by eyebanez333
Kirk doesn't use a Whammy pedal....does he? I know he uses wah in every song...and they just released a sig wah for him. Which they should have done a long time ago imo...he uses it more than just about any guitarist I can think of

he does use one live. he just messes around with it and finds some new way to use it (although the majority of the time it's meant to replicate his trem use)
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
god, the amount of time Kirk uses a wah, you would think he would have gotten his own sig. I swear, on the Black Album, he used a wah in every solo...
He uses wah on like every song live these days, 80s Metallica ftw
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
If he used wah-wah well like the 80s stuff(usually) or not at all, he would be respected for his skills more, instead of being critisized for wah-wah sounds from HELL, so i hope he doesnt squander people's respect by over-using wammy pedal too...

Btw- He is one of my favorite guitar players, not trying to say hes bad, just overuses WAH-WAH
Quote by Ghold125
god, the amount of time Kirk uses a wah, you would think he would have gotten his own sig. I swear, on the Black Album, he used a wah in every solo...

He has a sig wah.
It's like $160 >_>

Btw, the whammy was used on Some Kind of Monster, I know that. He played the intro riff using the octave up function.
He used the octave down harmony on the intro solo and bridge solo to The Day That Never Comes. Also, he uses it on two octave up harmony for one of the riffs.

He never uses his whammy like Tom Morello or Scott Ian.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Last edited by Justice4AllOne at Apr 10, 2009,
Quote by lupin50
Dunlop fellates Kirk Hammet nightly lets just say that.

most probably
In a lot of songs, Enter Sandman, Fade to Black, All Nightmare Long ( I think so ), Unforgiven II, Unforgiven III,...
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46