I love the tone that Jimmy Page has during the solo for Black Dog, but I'm not sure what effects are used. Is there a phaser or something at play?

thanks in advance!
That's not a phaser. Hard to say what he actually used on the solo, I'd guess a Leslie personally, wouldn't have been the first time he used one.
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
That's not a phaser. Hard to say what he actually used on the solo, I'd guess a Leslie personally, wouldn't have been the first time he used one.

Thinking about it, you're probably right, as it's kind of a long dry sweep that my ears (at least) detect. Rather than forking out for a Leslie, is there a cheaper alternative?
No problem. There's numerous takes on the Univibe by different companies so you might want to look into what's good, only one I've played was a Dunlop. And for what it's worth the riff was his LP plugged straight in to the mixing board with two compressors in series, it was also tripled track. He could have done something similar with the solo, doesn't sound straight in though. Definitely think the swirly thing is the Leslie.